Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enrolment Question

• 25-08-2011 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Okay so I'm totally confused by the whole enrolling online thing. I actually won't get my offer till the 2nd round yet have been told I will get an orientation pack and should go there do to a mix up on the courses, which I'm sure some of you have seen me talk about on other boards.

Will I need to enrol online before I go to orientation because I thought that was only for people who accepted their offers? Or can I enrol after my offers come through and still go to orientation? It's really confusing :/

If I can't enrol because my offer hasn't been sent out, will I just print off the email that the admissions office sent me saying that I'll definitely get my place in the 2nd round??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 AJJ2010

If the round 2 offers come out after the orientation I say go to it as there probably wont be another one. You'll still get all the info you need that way.

You can enroll online once the offer comes and you have accepted it. Doubt they will have your details untill you officially accept anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

AJJ2010 wrote: »
    If the round 2 offers come out after the orientation I say go to it as there probably wont be another one. You'll still get all the info you need that way.

You can enroll online once the offer comes and you have accepted it. Doubt they will have your details untill you officially accept anyway.

They come out a day after my orientation so I'll probably just go for the welcoming and see what my course is all about and stuff.

Alright, I shall definitely do that! They should have me down on a list because of what happened and how I definitely should get my choice but we'll see, I may take my email just in case :)

Also, will I need to get my student ID and what not done even though I won't have enrolled?
    I know there is an enrollment on the day but I think you have to enrol online first and then go to the enrollment there.

Thanks for your help, btw :D

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Orlagh123

Do you mind my asking how you know you're getting an offer in the second round?!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

Aragneer wrote: »
    They come out a day after my orientation so I'll probably just go for the welcoming and see what my course is all about and stuff.

Alright, I shall definitely do that! They should have me down on a list because of what happened and how I definitely should get my choice but we'll see, I may take my email just in case :)

Also, will I need to get my student ID and what not done even though I won't have enrolled?
    I know there is an enrollment on the day but I think you have to enrol online first and then go to the enrollment there.

Thanks for your help, btw :D

You won't be able to get your student I.D. until after you've accepted your offer and enrolled because they'll need to put your course, the length of your course etc. on the I.D. as well as your student number.

Orlagh123 wrote: »
    Do you mind my asking how you know you're getting an offer in the second round?!:)

Sure :) I phoned the admissions office on the day of the offers because I had the points and minimum requirements for my course. They told me it was a mix up on their part and so they fixed it for me and sent me a confirmation email telling me I will get an offer on Thursday in the second round :) So that's how I know :D

Skintwin - Thank you very much for your help :) I'm going to go into the admissions office on Monday and ask about it all as I haven't got my orientation pack yet even though the woman on the phone said they would send me one out. :)

I need my student number for my bank details form for the accommodation too so I hope they have them on the computer so I don't have to worry about the orientation thing not being sent :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

Aragneer wrote: »
    Sure :) I phoned the admissions office on the day of the offers because I had the points and minimum requirements for my course. They told me it was a mix up on their part and so they fixed it for me and sent me a confirmation email telling me I will get an offer on Thursday in the second round :) So that's how I know :D

Skintwin - Thank you very much for your help :) I'm going to go into the admissions office on Monday and ask about it all as I haven't got my orientation pack yet even though the woman on the phone said they would send me one out. :)

I need my student number for my bank details form for the accommodation too so I hope they have them on the computer so I don't have to worry about the orientation thing not being sent :/

No problem! It's what I know from UL anyway...Definitely go in on monday though and get it all sorted out. That way you won't get stressed! :p

Thank you! I'm definitely stressing after not being able to enrol online, I'm just hoping they have some of my stuff on their computers.

Advertisement