Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flora Best 550W Electric Pruner from LIDL

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 robi4387

Hi

Ye I got one of these at the beginning of Sept 2011. I have used it a couple of times. I actually felled the birch tree with my trusty old bow saw. But faced with cutting up all the logs I wanted something to make the job easier. I thought chainsaws were really expensive and so this was an impulse purchse, completely unresearched and the first chainsaw I've ever bought. Yes I call it a chainsaw, because a spade is a spade.

So it cut up a birch tree, several fir trees and a knarly hard wood unknown that my Jamacan buddies donated, an old wooden door and frame and various lumps lying around my garage. I went back to cut down the birch stump and that blunted the blades.

So now I'm searching for a replacement chain and happened on this blog. I think the chain is an Oregon 91VG 40 link and I'm hoping to track down some more oil as the 60ml they give you doesn't last that long.

I think it is easy to use. I haven't cut anything high up or even extended it. I know that is what it is meant for, but hey! I like the stand back stance it makes me adopt. That said if the bar were half the length I would be happier.

I'm happy and don't regret the purchase. My Uncle wants it next. Maybe he should get the replacement chain?!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 robbiebrazil

Hi robi4387,

I've had no bothers with mine either, I been using vegtable oil as chain oil without issue. If the chain is now blunt,You can have the chain sharpened rather than replacing it.

Let me know how you get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭celticmicky

robi4387 wrote: »
    Hi

Ye I got one of these at the beginning of Sept 2011. I have used it a couple of times. I actually felled the birch tree with my trusty old bow saw. But faced with cutting up all the logs I wanted something to make the job easier. I thought chainsaws were really expensive and so this was an impulse purchse, completely unresearched and the first chainsaw I've ever bought. Yes I call it a chainsaw, because a spade is a spade.

So it cut up a birch tree, several fir trees and a knarly hard wood unknown that my Jamacan buddies donated, an old wooden door and frame and various lumps lying around my garage. I went back to cut down the birch stump and that blunted the blades.

So now I'm searching for a replacement chain and happened on this blog. I think the chain is an Oregon 91VG 40 link and I'm hoping to track down some more oil as the 60ml they give you doesn't last that long.

I think it is easy to use. I haven't cut anything high up or even extended it. I know that is what it is meant for, but hey! I like the stand back stance it makes me adopt. That said if the bar were half the length I would be happier.

I'm happy and don't regret the purchase. My Uncle wants it next. Maybe he should get the replacement chain?!

As mentioned you can get your chain sharpened instead of getting it replaced, should only cost a few euro with your local lawnmower / garden repair shop ;)

Advertisement