Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on java course

Options
  • 25-08-2011 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

hi everyone,
    I am currently working as an electronic technician but want to branch out into other areas, i have as part of my degree passed a C programming course (but havent used it since). i have been told that java programming is the best language to get into as it is very widely sought after.

what i would like is can anyone reccomend a course in dublin which is good.
    i dont mind doing a basic course and then going on to a more advanced.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Haunted Negativity

I have being doing Java for about three years in different colleges, I never done C or VB. JAVA is cross platform language which means it can run on any Operating System Windows, Linux, Mac.

I would recommend it if you want to pursue a career in Computer Programming / Software Engineering, because it's one of the most popular languages out there. Sure if you look on job websites such as FAS, it's a highly sought after programming language, But if you done programming before it shouldn't be to much hassle.

If you have any further questions about JAVA, message me

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jenniem01

http://www.csi.ucd.ie/news/computer-science-ucd-ranked-no-1-ireland-and-among-top-30-universities-europe

Ranked the best and is based in Ireland!

Java should be ok considering you have a base in C - some of the books with examples are useful or stackover flow is always there if your stuck!

Advertisement