Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lucan Cycling Club

• 25-08-2011 12:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭

Or Adamstown Cycling Club. Any members on here? Just wondering if they run any 'beginners' spins in the autumn/winter. Been cycle commuting over the summer, but just got a new road bike and keen to get out for some longer spins (No 80km yet though).
    Also, I've never ridden in a group before, and to be honest, the thought of it freaks me out a bit, but got to start somewhere...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭100Suns

Plenty of LCRC's on here. I've just tried to check the website to confirm the story on group spins and beginners but it seems to have been hi-jacked by some nefarious commercial entity.

The club runs group spins over the winter on Saturday mornings (either 930 or 10 - check website if it ever recovers). Beginners are welcome along for the first spin and then would have to join the club (€50 for 2011) to go on subsequent spins. It typically covers 70-80 k at a nice comfortable pace (27-28 kph).

You could always drop into Stagg Cycles and try and catch Jimmie Stagg-he'll give you all the details (and probably flog you stuff you didn't know you needed (and maybe never will)).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭smithslist

Yes beginners spins will start shortly(In Sept, date tbc) on a Saturdays, usually 9.30am starts.

Cater for all groups and levels....see website for confirmation and update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

guessing there's nothing on sundays?

saturday work, bah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

100Suns wrote: »
    Plenty of LCRC's on here. I've just tried to check the website to confirm the story on group spins and beginners but it seems to have been hi-jacked by some nefarious commercial entity.

Whelan's domain registration expired yesterday.

http://www.cyclingadamstown.com is still up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭100Suns

G rock wrote: »
    guessing there's nothing on sundays?

saturday work, bah!

There's usually a spin Sunday mroning but is populated primarily by racing members who tend to use it as training rather than a sociable daliance. Saying that, now that the racing season is over it will probably start to get a bit more sociable. Beginners are generally 'discouraged' from Sundays but if you're comfortable riding in a group or race/have raced, you'd be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

nah only sportives so far, but got into a few pace lines on the ones i did and managed ok.

would like to get into some training rides come autumn and winter and think lucan is closest to me so hopefully those sunday morning spins might suit by then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭smithslist

100Suns wrote: »
    There's usually a spin Sunday mroning but is populated primarily by racing members who tend to use it as training rather than a sociable daliance. Saying that, now that the racing season is over it will probably start to get a bit more sociable. Beginners are generally 'discouraged' from Sundays but if you're comfortable riding in a group or race/have raced, you'd be fine.

Yes correct, minus the "sociable daliance" part.

Saturdays are newbie's specific and you can join the Sunday spin if you wish. As with many clubs there are riders who don't like going 'newbie' pace or training with them so we have to keep everyone happy, but most clubs tend to have beginners specific spins which we do on Saturday's

Advertisement