Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3wk Australia Trip

Options
  • 25-08-2011 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I'd love to hear from people who have spent time travelling in oz on the cost factor. I have approximately 3 weeks there, hopefully in the coming Spring with the main aim being to see most of the East Coast and 2day trip to Uluru.
    We have a rough itinerary based around the following:

Melbourne - 4days (with trip to 12 apostles)
    Sydney - 5days (typical touristy type city activities & trip to Blue Mountains)
    Brisbane - 4 days
    Cairns - 3 days
    Uluru - 2 days

In terms of accommodation we've had some nice looking hostels recommended as we only really require a bed and shower. No major shopping plans either. Maybe fly from Melbourne to Sydney to save time.

So are we right in thinking this is a €5000-6000 trip? Has anyone got any other recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

Oz is expensive. We spent 2 weeks there this summer.
    Some of the day trips very expensive such as great barrier reef, fraser island etc were 200 dollars each. I also found things like takeaway coffee quite dear e.g. a small coffee was $5. However, we had a great time & i would really recommend it.
    Its hard to say about budget- are you going to eat out all the time & drink ??
    What we did before we go is price all the day trips/tourist things we wanted to do & then we added on food, drink etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

bills wrote: »
    I also found things like takeaway coffee quite dear e.g. a small coffee was $5.

Fark ... where did you buy your coffee!
    I work in sydney CBD and it's only $3!

But yes Sydney is pretty expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

alfstewart wrote: »
    I'd love to hear from people who have spent time travelling in oz on the cost factor. I have approximately 3 weeks there, hopefully in the coming Spring with the main aim being to see most of the East Coast and 2day trip to Uluru.
    We have a rough itinerary based around the following:

Melbourne - 4days (with trip to 12 apostles)
    Sydney - 5days (typical touristy type city activities & trip to Blue Mountains)
    Brisbane - 4 days
    Cairns - 3 days
    Uluru - 2 days

In terms of accommodation we've had some nice looking hostels recommended as we only really require a bed and shower. No major shopping plans either. Maybe fly from Melbourne to Sydney to save time.

So are we right in thinking this is a €5000-6000 trip? Has anyone got any other recommendations?

Your Uluru trip looks very short - to fly there takes a few hours, and by the time you get to the camp etc, also some of the stuff around Uluru is excellent, I'd cut a day off Brissie and spend and extra day in Uluru

Advertisement