Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Info] Wesley House Accommodation?

Options
  • 25-08-2011 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I'm starting my first year in UCD this september and I've been offered accommodation in Wesley House in Leeson Park.
    Just curious has anyone lived here or heard anything about it? Are they strict about going out/people staying over?
    Just want to know what sort of place its like! Any replies would be helpful!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You need to ask them for their rules.

You can expect the rules to be applied. Given that the brochure says things like "we would
    seek to continue to provide a Christian community", "Friends are welcome to visit the community area but should have left by 12 midnight." and "Alcohol, tobacco and
    illegal substances are not permitted on the premises." I stongly suspect it isn't party central.

http://www.methodistcentenary.ie/pdf/WesleyHouseWebBrochure.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

I know good few people who have stayed there over the years. as victor above says it is not party central, people staying over is not allowed as it is shared rooms.

Going out is not a bother and easy to get home to being so central. really from my understanding having not enquired overly not too many issues arise. it depends how you get on with the others who are staying there that seem to cause issues, as with any shared accommodation.

There is not inspections or anything to force you to adhere. The only times I am aware the management have been involved is as above when there have been issues between residents, as with any landlord.

Hope that helps,

• Registered Users Posts: 30 dixxiestickks

Ok doesn't sound too bad! Thanks for the replies guys :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement