Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mountbatten's Death

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,056 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

MarchDub wrote: »
    Violence committed in the past is not mitigated by the passing of time.

What violence was Mountbatten involved in that would have made him a target? As far as I'm aware, neither his naval nor political activities had anything to do with Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭MarchDub

ejmaztec wrote: »
    What violence was Mountbatten involved in that would have made him a target? As far as I'm aware, neither his naval nor political activities had anything to do with Ireland.

I was referring to the post that 'he put down his sword' ...whenever. Nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭indioblack

Violence committed in the past is not mitigated by the passing of time.
    An unfortunate choice of words - could easily apply to thr IRA.
    Could be the motto for some in these islands.
    Edit- jonniebgood1. Part post removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭MarchDub

indioblack wrote: »
    An unfortunate choice of words - could easily apply to thr IRA.
    Could be the motto for some in these islands.
    Gratifying to think that the IRA weren't only concerned with a united Ireland - punishing an old imperialist for his past deeds.

I don't know what you are implying here - but I don't like what I think you are implying - I have never defended violence, no matter where or from whom it comes. I would ask you to apologise to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭indioblack

I don't know what you are implying here - but I don't like what I think you are implying - I have never defended violence, no matter where or from whom it comes. I would ask you to apologise to me.
    Thanks for the pm and I apologise.

• Advertisement
Advertisement