Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3DS - is it worth it?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Order of enclessia?

I am still getting use to 3ds controls. This game does not **** around lol. Rare save points. Game over if you feck up. It's like good old days.

2d platforming rpg like this is really awesome. IRS a shame not many games like this.

OoE is one of the best available on DS as is Portrait of Ruin.
    The DS has so many amazing games with amazing new titles still coming out for it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd take Dawn of Sorrow over Ecclesia and Portrait of Ruin. All pretty much essential though for any DS owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'd take Dawn of Sorrow over Ecclesia and Portrait of Ruin. All pretty much essential though for any DS owner.

I agree, Dawn of Sorrow is the best of the three. OoE is really tough though, which is cool.

Retr0gamer wrote: »

they're all great in their own right, I prefer OoE as I've been playing it lately

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Is it just me or is OoE **** hard? im having trouble with the skelly boss in the yard with the spot lights on ya, am i missing something or are these CV games just a test of patience??

I'm all for diffifculty in games but if im gonna have to approach all enemies for 2 cheap hits and then spend 10seconds evading the ****er, its just boring to me, might just get crackin on FF4.

Chrono trigger was awesome though, if it was longer and had more story in it i would have deemed it my fav RPG over FF7, but it just seemed so quick, Any news of them doing Chrono cross on 3DS??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

OOT hard? you mad! it's easy :p

The one thing that does make the 3D version hard is having it on for fights like that. It's really disorientating. Just turn it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Ooe is hard m8. Really hard.

It reminded me how current generation games made a pussy out of me.

It was quite surprising to see a game over screen and droped in to title screen lol. I got used to respawn 10 steps away from my death spot like in most games now lol.

Chronology trigger is awesome. Unfortunately not much time and energy to play lately.

Got holidays next week, so hoping I will have more time and strength for games :).

o1s1n wrote: »
    OOT hard? you mad! it's easy :p

The one thing that does make the 3D version hard is having it on for fights like that. It's really disorientating. Just turn it off.

Were talking Castlevania brah, not Zelda :P

I had to put OOT down as i was going through it too fast, child to adult link in one sitting made me go "play the other games first" hehe

And CV OoE is **** hard all the way through? doesnt get easier with the more powers ya get ? :(

Just seems like ya need to memorize a winning movement pattern for the different enemies, kinda boring that :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

OoE is a dman hard game. Just figure the pattern out and stick to it. Bosses can take a long time, which is a problem with the game but you are better off slowly chipping away and being safe than trying to cause damage and getting yourself killed in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Hahaha! Ahhh I misread that. OoE not OOT :D

Yeah I was wondering. I thought he was having difficulty with those skeleton fighter guys in Ocarina of Time. They ain't difficult.

I never did finish OoE. Fantastic game. Should probably go back to it.

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    Hahaha! Ahhh I misread that. OoE not OOT :D

Yeah I was wondering. I thought he was having difficulty with those skeleton fighter guys in Ocarina of Time. They ain't difficult.

I never did finish OoE. Fantastic game. Should probably go back to it.

haha i think id have trouble figuring out how to put the game into the 3ds if i was that bad ;D

I got past the skele boss by playing it safe, took awhile, then got my ass kicked by guys with spears and a floating head 10 seconds later, oh how i raged..

Order of Ecclesia is difficult enough but do-able just gotta be patient and learn what the bosses patterns are. Great game, proper gameplay superb soundtrack, beautiful graphics I could go on and on about CV games all day, this is exactly what the 3Ds needs real games!

Yeah im really starting to appreciate it, its good to be playing challenging games again, crab boss kickin my ass at the moment, but game got easier with the more weapons i got :D

scythe/spear and axes ftw

nix wrote: »
    Yeah im really starting to appreciate it, its good to be playing challenging games again, crab boss kickin my ass at the moment, but game got easier with the more weapons i got :D

scythe/spear and axes ftw

Axes are a must for most bosses,I always hold on to them for the boss battles as a lot of them attack and manouvre above you.

Advertisement