Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shimano 105 Brake Calipers

• 25-08-2011 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

So brakes on my bike need to be replaced. Decided on the 105s and found them on chain reaction for 63.75 Decided to give the local shops a chance to compete so rang three shops. First shop 75 euro which i said thats ok considering overheads they would have. Rang another who priced 100 which i laughed at and gives me an impresssion they are an expensive shop. Then rang shop near the mothers house and priced them at 65. Local shop gets my business.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,458 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭brians947

I apologies for my mistake. FIXED.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭oflahero

its brake !

Whose brake? What's brake?

*head broke*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

And it's Chain Reaction while you're at it... :)

I think some shops CRC included buy OEM parts, they don't come in the fancy boxes with the stickers. I think that's the difference maybe someone else can clarify this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

^I always thought this was to do with customers wanting upgrades on new bikes like wanting an Ultegra RD on a brand new 105 equipped bike. Shop then sells 105 RD discounted but in a plastic bag not a fancy 105 box.
    So brakes on my brike

oh and it's bike ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭brians947

So went and got the 105 brake calipers today and yes no fancy box just in a bag. But at the end of the day whats a box. Its whats inside that counts. Also i asked about new wheelset. Gave him a budget of 5 to 600 euro. He just turned around and said i would be wasting my money as for 250 he had mavic rims with Ultegra hubs that they build themselves. But for the extra cash your going into aerodynamics. To me that's a good bike shop who isn't after your money but looking after the customer. When asking for the 105 calipers i mentioned the Ultegra calipers and was told wasting my money as well as little difference apart from a little weight difference. Humphries in Finglas will be getting more of my bussiness.

Advertisement