Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Time Paying Fees!?

Options
  • 25-08-2011 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Ok, so I've just recieved my welcome pack and I decided to go register online at the UCD website. And when I got to fees section it says my "outstanding fees amount is € 14850.00" !!??? Is this right?! I am not a EU student, I am Chinese but I have an Irish passport and has lived in Ireland for more than 10 years and a legal Irish citizen. So why on earth has my fees come to over €14,000 !? :mad: Can anyone please help , I'm getting really worried now :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Master and commander

if your an Irish citizen, then i think your not charged. Same as everyone else who's a citizen. Maybe they just made a mistake on it. You should contact the admissions office and explain to them you are a citizen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Sometimes they just make mistakes- it happened to me too. Send them an email at studentdesk@ucd.ie or phone 017161555 and they'll sort things out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭xxpopopxx

Yeah I'm really hoping they made a mistake cuz when €14,850 appeared I almost had heart attack! Yeah I'm definately going to email them to get this sorted ! Thanks for replies so fast! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

Hey, its usual thing with the fees. All you need to do to fix it is bring a proof of Irish Citizenship to student desk.
    Come up there with your passport and they will switch you to free fees. Sometimes it can take a while, but they ll do it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Its says my fees are 20,000? But I'm an Irish citizen. Will I also have to show them my passport to get this changed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

As above, talk to Admissions in the Tierney Building

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kkumk

This happened to me a few years ago because I was born in the US, but am an Irish citizen and have lived here most of my life. I think I had to get forms from my school to show that I had been educated here and did my Leaving Cert here and show them to Admin in Tierney, after that it was fine!

Advertisement