Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smartphone 10 month contract

Options
  • 25-08-2011 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to buy a good Smartphone (probably an iPhone but not 100% sure yet) but the problem is that I will be moving to the UK in June 2012 so I don't want to be be tied down to a long contract paying money per month here when I will be in the UK. Is there any short-term contract plans for an iPhone or other smartphone, i.e. in the region of 9-10 months?

On the topic, does anyone have any advice for me in regards to which smartphone to buy. For me, use of the internet and apps is the most important hence why I was considering the iPhone due to the quantity and range of apps available.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

AS far as I know Comreg have recently introduced a requirement that networks HAVE to offer 12 month contracts too though? They'll probably charge over the odds mind so that you just go with the longer term "cheaper" option..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Meteor are offering a 12 month contract but you have to sign up online to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You could use 3 like home when you leave the country, just check out the coverage on three's UK website for where you might be moving to first.

Advertisement