Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone/iPod/iPad repairs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭AboutTwoFiddy

You don't happen to know the name of the place? Thinking of passing on my old 3G to my gf, but the home button's broken on it. Sounds like the price is right tbh.

You might want to try www.irepair.ie first, chaps name is Cathal and he's on the forum here. Have heard nothing but good reports and he's based in Dublin too. Have a look around for some of his posts and PM him maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Dunno if someone already mentioned it, but have good experience with www.syncron.ie
    They do very reasonable prices for repair, just got an iPhone 4 fixed which included cracked screen, home button, power button and back cover replacement for €110 (iPhone 4 repairs are usually pricier than the 3).
    If you wanna do a DIY repair they can supply parts only as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭portcrap

whiterebel wrote: »

I did not have a good experience with this crowd. i gave them my ipad to replace the back cover. I had to return it twice after it was "repaired". The first time the technician forgot to reattach the on off switch. The second time they had not put the sim card tray back into the ipad and had misplaced it. Now I find that they did not attach the orientation switch at the side, which they are refusing to fix....not a happy customer!!!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

You might want to try www.irepair.ie first, chaps name is Cathal and he's on the forum here. Have heard nothing but good reports and he's based in Dublin too. Have a look around for some of his posts and PM him maybe.

Can recommend Cathal (irepair.ie) also. He put new battery, back cover & on/off button on my 3GS on Tuesday. It's running like new now, delighted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭DYLF

I've used www.ipod-rescue.com (to get an ipod fixed) they were really good.

if you a little DIY minded www.syncron.ie are very reasonably priced for buying patrs (screens, glass stc)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Finnt

Hi can anyone recommend some one in Limerick to change the screen if my iPhone 4 thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭stuar

www.iphonerepairfinglas.com
    Does a good job, fast turnaround, was able to haggle a little on price:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭2BT

Just want to give a shout out to Massy086 who got my bricked 3GS back working yesterday.

Very decent turnaround time and very reasonably priced too. Would defo reccomend him for anyone near or willing to go as far as Finglas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ClareP1983

Hi does anyone know where I can get my I Phone 4S Screen Repaired Cheaply. I rang a couple of places and they are all coming in at €150!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

I have an iphone 4 and there is a spiderweb crack on the screen... screen itself still functions perfectly and has for ages so I think the screen itself isnt damaged, maybe just some type of glass cover on it?

I live in Dublin btw and dont mind if its not apple who do the job, cheapest and quickest is what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance for any help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

GRMA wrote: »
    I have an iphone 4 and there is a spiderweb crack on the screen... screen itself still functions perfectly and has for ages so I think the screen itself isnt damaged, maybe just some type of glass cover on it?

I live in Dublin btw and dont mind if its not apple who do the job, cheapest and quickest is what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I got my back cover of my iphone 4 repaired in a newsagent in Dun Laoghaire for €30 and it only took a minue. He does do the front screen as well but i don't know how much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

leemaree wrote: »
    I got my back cover of my iphone 4 repaired in a newsagent in Dun Laoghaire for €30 and it only took a minue. He does do the front screen as well but i don't know how much

you got ripped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

kjl wrote: »
    you got ripped off.

How?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭Barty

Leemaree, I presume what kjl means is that a replacement back cover for an iPhone 4 is around €12 (including shipping)
    http://www.syncron.ie/iPHONE_4_BLACK_REAR_BACK_COVER_GLASS_PANEL_p/73.htm
    The old back cover is removed by removing two screws on the bottom of the phone near the speakers.

GRMA - the site above also sell replacements front screens for the iphone:
    http://www.syncron.ie/iPHONE_4_LCD_TOUCH_SCREEN_DIGITIZER_ASSEMBLY_p/lcdi4nt.htm
    They also do a screen with all the tools required to replace the screen.
    There are several videos on Youtube showing how to replace the screen - it is a lot more difficult to do than the back cover - if you decide to do it yourself make sure to take note of each of the screws that you remove.

I've used a few companies for replacement screens but found the parts from Syncron to be good quality and their delivery is prompt - no affiliation with them just a happy customer (have used them 5 - 6 times so far)

There are also several people on Adverts that offer to screen replacement - have a look there if you don't fancy replacing it yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Barty wrote: »
    Leemaree, I presume what kjl means is that a replacement back cover for an iPhone 4 is around €12 (including shipping)
    The old back cover is removed by removing two screws on the bottom of the phone near the speakers.

GRMA - the site above also sell replacements front screens for the iphone:
    http://www.syncron.ie/iPHONE_4_LCD_TOUCH_SCREEN_DIGITIZER_ASSEMBLY_p/lcdi4nt.htm
    They also do a screen with all the tools required to replace the screen.
    There are several videos on Youtube showing how to replace the screen - it is a lot more difficult to do than the back cover - if you decide to do it yourself make sure to take note of each of the screws that you remove.

I've used a few companies for replacement screens but found the parts from Syncron to be good quality and their delivery is prompt - no affiliation with them just a happy customer (have used them 5 - 6 times so far)

There are also several people on Adverts that offer to screen replacement - have a look there if you don't fancy replacing it yourself.

Have been looking around both my front and back need to be replaced. Back I can cope without, front really needs to be done urgently - prices seem a bit insane to replace both. Can any eejit replace them themselves? Might ask my bro in law to do it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭markc1184

Can someone recommend somewhere to have a iPod touch battery replaced. Preferably around the Drogheda/Louth/Meath region.

Have been looking around both my front and back need to be replaced. Back I can cope without, front really needs to be done urgently - prices seem a bit insane to replace both. Can any eejit replace them themselves? Might ask my bro in law to do it...

Dunno what you call insane. Had an iPhone 4 screen, back + both buttons fixed/replaced by syncron for €110 (IIRC). So yours should be less (more if iPhone 4S, 3G cheaper, you didn't say which model). They can also supply parts if you want to DIY. Good videos on how to on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

Whos the best quaity and value on Repairing an iphone 5 screen & speaker, in Dublin? Thnaks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

lods wrote: »
    Whos the best quaity and value on Repairing an iphone 5 screen & speaker, in Dublin? Thnaks
    Probably apple, think it's about €241 but you keep the warranty.

• Advertisement

Agree with guil, doubt you'll find a place that does the screen alone for less than €200-250 (don't reply I got mine done for €20 or whatever if you're not talking about an iPhone 5, different phone, different price). So add the speaker and i'd say apple is you're best choice. Also for another €29 they'll do an express replacement; they'll send you a new one (refurb to be exact) and then you can return yours... Check online or give them a call.
    If you're good at DIY I think you can find a screen on eBay for around €100, how to can be found on YouTube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

I recently got my Iphone 5 screen replaced in Express Tech (Dublin) for 199 euro and they give a years warranty with it. The screen is perfect now and they had it replaced within the hour.

Andy Magic wrote: »
    I recently got my Iphone 5 screen replaced in Express Tech (Dublin) for 199 euro and they give a years warranty with it. The screen is perfect now and they had it replaced within the hour.
    That's all well and good if anything happens the screen in a year but apple won't entertain you if anything else fails on the phone. For the sake of €40 I would of sent it to apple and kept the warranty. Theirs is second to none

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭d93c2inhxfok4y

Last post mentioning an iPhone 4 was a good while ago - can anyone recommend anywhere cheap to get my iPhone 4 front and back screen fixed? I'm selling it and just need the screens replaced.

Alternatively, has anyone any experience of replacing them themselves? I've heard that the back screen is easy to do but the front screen less so. I'm not particularly handy but can follow instructions...

Shop will prob charge around €70-80 to fix front+back. If you want to do DIY like you said back is easy (undo two screws on bottom of phone and back slides off) but the screen is lot of fiddly work. Good how-to-vids on youtube, have a look before you try. Like I wrote before, syncron.ie can do it for you or they can supply the parts for DIY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭d93c2inhxfok4y

flyguy wrote: »
    Shop will prob charge around €70-80 to fix front+back. If you want to do DIY like you said back is easy (undo two screws on bottom of phone and back slides off) but the screen is lot of fiddly work. Good how-to-vids on youtube, have a look before you try. Like I wrote before, syncron.ie can do it for you or they can supply the parts for DIY.

This is very helpful, thank you. I think I'll pay to get the screen fixed (hopefully I can find somewhere in Dublin willing to do it for about €50, if anyone knows anywhere, please do say!) and just replace the back screen. I had a look at the youtube videos like you said and the back screen seems very easy to replace.

One thing I noticed is that the back screen sold by syncron, though excellent value, doesn't have the apple logo on it:

Is this common? Perhaps it's just them blacking out the logo on the site but it is there when you get the part?

One thing I noticed is that the back screen sold by syncron, though excellent value, doesn't have the apple logo on it:

Is this common? Perhaps it's just them blacking out the logo on the site but it is there when you get the part?
    You answered your own question, logo should be there. There was on the one I got of them. Think most sellers do this if its a non original apple part. Plenty more on ebay btw...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 966 ✭✭✭equivariant

I need to get my iPad 2 repaired in Galway. Thinking of sending it to this guy

http://www.ipod-rescue.com/

Has anyone got any opinions on whether or not he is reliable? Prices are cheaper than other places in Galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Dropped iPhone5s screen damaged wharfs the cheapest repair option? Cheers

• Advertisement

Expect to pay through the roof. If you have a lot of warranty left I would be inclined to send it back to apple.

Advertisement