Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone/iPod/iPad repairs

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

any recommendations for an ipad 2 battery replacement in Dublin? Going on holidays on Sunday so needs to be speedy!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

jonny24ie wrote: »

need to get it fitted too, but thanks for link ill definitely use them for other stuff

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

need to get it fitted too, but thanks for link ill definitely use them for other stuff

As far as I know they do a fitting service too.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Hi All.

Just had an issue with my i-phone 5.. I was at a beach and I'm pretty sure I got some sand or dust or something stuck in the charger port. When I plugged the charger into my phone it did not fully go inside as the debris was blocking it. However if I wrapped the cable around the phone really tight the phone would charge. That was until the cable from the charger started to tear away and the charger then stopped working.

I opened a paper clip and used it to scrape out the debris and now the charger does stick fully inside but it is not charging. I am thinking I may have done some damage with the paper clip.

I went to Harvey Norman and PC World and they don't fix i-phones. My friends recommended trying an unofficial shop somewhere.

Has this happened to anyone's phone before?

How much would this type of thing cost to fix does anyone know??

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

if the phone was switched on and the metal from the paper clip hit the metal from charging port then u probably short circuited it. or at least it sounds as if you did. that or you've damaged the pins on the charging port by scraping...if it ever happens again stick the end of a hoover on it to suck out sand particles.

I guess its not in warranty, I'm sure some of the shops replace the charging port, unless its soldered onto the motherboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

if the phone was switched on and the metal from the paper clip hit the metal from charging port then u probably short circuited it. or at least it sounds as if you did. that or you've damaged the pins on the charging port by scraping...if it ever happens again stick the end of a hoover on it to suck out sand particles.

I guess its not in warranty, I'm sure some of the shops replace the charging port, unless its soldered onto the motherboard.

The phone was completely dead when I used the paperclip - It had been dead for weeks beforehand.

The phone actually still charges - Only when I use a working charger and wrap the cable around the phone like before. The problem is that the charger will break after a couple of weeks.

I am thinking maybe going to one of the unofficial shops to get it repaired but don't want to get ripped off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

4s screen replacement anyone? Express (1 hour) turnaround, preferably.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

4s screen replacement anyone? Express (1 hour) turnaround, preferably.

Depends where you are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

guil wrote: »
    Depends where you are

Dublin city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Iphone 5 charging port replacement, any idea on costs and can anyone recommend a shop in around the Dublin/Meath area?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

Help please

I need to buy a replacement iPhone 6 screen. Cheaply.

I want an original genuine Apple screen.

Can anyone help direct me where to buy one online, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭shanec1928

sedohre wrote: »
    Help please

I need to buy a replacement iPhone 6 screen. Cheaply.

I want an original genuine Apple screen.

Can anyone help direct me where to buy one online, thanks

Apple is the only place you will get a original screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Original and cheaply don't match,
    Neither do buy online and original screen.
    Afaik only place is Apple and they won't sell you the screen, you'd have to get it done by them. Think it's around €140, which is cheap for an iPhone 6.

Edit: cost €127.30

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Anyone know of somewhere that will replace iPod classic headphone jack? I already have the part I just can't get the thing open. Based in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Syncron Blanchardstown or e-tech Dundrum, 2nd option slightly better.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭boiledeggs

Anybody able to recommond a place I can post my ipad to to get fixed, live in middle of Tipperary so not really able to pop into a shop in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

I wouldnt post my ipad anywhere firstly and secondly I would get it fixed by Apple if it was me

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

Where would be the best place in Dublin City or Swords to get a new (official) screen on a 6s? And any idea of the price and how quickly it would be done would be appreciated too.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Luis21

Anyone know where I could get the headphone jack fixed on an ipad2

In the Dublin area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Luis21

right click just quoted me 100 quid to get it fixed.

200 quid if they break the screen whilst fixing it.

Amazes me how this businesses survive

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I'm looking to get an ear speaker replaced on an iPhone 6s. It's stopped working along with the proximity sensor.
    I presume authorised repair will take ages. Can anyone recommend somewhere that does it same day. In Dublin.
    Can anyone recommend Express Tech on Baggot Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Hi,
    Would anyone know where I could get the lightening port replaced on an ipad 2018, would it be expensive?
    I'm in dublin city centre.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

sham69 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Would anyone know where I could get the lightening port replaced on an ipad 2018, would it be expensive?
    I'm in dublin city centre.
    Thanks.

Phone craft fix in Dublin will probably do it. I’m 80 percent certain. It’s soldered so could be be bit more expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Phone craft fix in Dublin will probably do it. I’m 80 percent certain. It’s soldered so could be be bit more expensive

thanks a lot.
    Yeah I had a look on youtube, whilst i'm not bad with a soldering iron I don't think I could manage it, looks tricky..
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

I dropped my iPhone X and now the right hand side of the phone has a bright white line all the way down it.
    It's quite blinding so need to get it repaired. The back is also cracked but I can live with that.
    Any recommendations for a repair shop and how much the damage might be?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

ROAAAR wrote: »
    I dropped my iPhone X and now the right hand side of the phone has a bright white line all the way down it.
    It's quite blinding so need to get it repaired. The back is also cracked but I can live with that.
    Any recommendations for a repair shop and how much the damage might be?
    Thanks

Depending where your based most are doing a postal or collection service depending on distance.
    If your in Dublin phone craft fix are open with a postal system

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

Hi Guys

Just wondering if any one else is in the same boat as me?
    I returned my faulty iPad Pro to Apple on the 07th April under Apple Care Plus warranty, (Mailed into them via UPS). Examined by Apple on 09th April and approved for replacement under Apple Care, now sine then the status is "Device Replacement Pending" so on the 14th April I contacted Apple again to query what's going on?
    I was then advised of the following by a supervisor "Unfortunately we have no devices to replace yours, it wont be done within 10 working days and we have no idea when we will have replacement devices back in stock".
    Now I understand like every one else the situation with Covid 19 ongoing but exactly how long are you supposed to wait for a replacement device?
    Has any one come across this or can you offer any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

How do I get a battery replaced in IPad Air?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

fin12 wrote: »
    How do I get a battery replaced in IPad Air?

By Apple? Go to the support pages on the website.

Advertisement