Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

attempt2

Options
  • 25-08-2011 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

k, so i've created a poll for all you local boarders out there
    get voting!

where do you want to have a drink?? 7 votes

dom's pier one
    0% 0 votes
    the bank
    71% 5 votes
    the central hotel
    14% 1 vote
    the abbey
    0% 0 votes
    the castle bar
    0% 0 votes
    the reel inn
    0% 0 votes
    the forge
    0% 0 votes
    o'donnells
    14% 1 vote
    the coach house
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

december83 wrote: »
    k, so i've created a poll for all you local boarders out there
    get voting!

would help if you said where exactly them pubs are! is it Donegal Town? Do i win a prize?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭december83

yeah, all these pubs are in donegal town.
    this thread is following on from another thread with suggestions to have a night out in donegal town
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Schooner if its still there!

esp if the autrailian barwoman is still there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

Oops, got this poll mixed up with the other Donegal Beers poll...same thoughts apply anyway.

I can't do a pub meetup in the evening b/c I have the kids when hubby's at work, but hope you all have a great go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

None of the above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

CJC999 wrote: »
    None of the above.
    Banned from them all? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

How does this drink thing work. How do we know who is on Boards and who has just randomly walked in to have a drink? Do we give away our identities?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

annascott wrote: »
    How does this drink thing work. How do we know who is on Boards and who has just randomly walked in to have a drink? Do we give away our identities?

I wonder will your alter ego Smugchik be going too (joking)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Usually someone going , someone who will be there early, brings something with them. The first beers in letterkenny someone took a can of green giant sweetcorn and left it on the table :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭overshoot

danniemcq wrote: »
    Schooner if its still there!
    its not but eddie says he is going to try and get it open for a week at christmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Usually someone going , someone who will be there early, brings something with them. The first beers in letterkenny someone took a can of green giant sweetcorn and left it on the table :pac:

And we didn't even get to eat the dam sweetcorn !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

I wonder will your alter ego Smugchik be going too (joking)!

LOL!! We have been accused of this before. Three girls one house, three identities. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

overshoot wrote: »
    its not but eddie says he is going to try and get it open for a week at christmas

Why bother?? His drinkers have moved onto to other pubs now and are hardly gonna desert their places just for a week..

I never liked the place..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Which poll is correct? I'm based in LK so i dunno how i'd get up and down to donegal town!

LoanShark wrote: »
    Why bother?? His drinkers have moved onto to other pubs now and are hardly gonna desert their places just for a week..

I never liked the place..
    well everyone that used to drink there has been telling him it would be great and RE dannie he says all the old staff are up for it too... dunno tho if the aussie is still about town.
    anyway the answer pure and simple is for the craic.
    anyway im guessing its doms then(:(), any suggestions for when? would be good to do it in the next 2 weeks (from my point of view)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

tatabubbly wrote: »
    Which poll is correct? I'm based in LK so i dunno how i'd get up and down to donegal town!

Both of them ;)

Venue and date for the l'kenny poll and just the venue for this one so far, you could attend both like I might do :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Both of them ;)

Venue and date for the l'kenny poll and just the venue for this one so far, you could attend both like I might do :pac:

I'll hit the LK one I think, it was very confusing there! :P

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

overshoot wrote: »
    well everyone that used to drink there has been telling him it would be great and RE dannie he says all the old staff are up for it too... dunno tho if the aussie is still about town.
    anyway the answer pure and simple is for the craic.
    anyway im guessing its doms then(:(), any suggestions for when? would be good to do it in the next 2 weeks (from my point of view)
    Why would Eddie open it up? Didn't he sell it to that developer, Keeney, for it to be tossed to make a road to the new Tesco only for it to be a listed building or something coz of some bullethole on the bar? *shrug*

Mr. Dunnion was the last person to lease the place AFAIK.

I think it'd be a good enough pub, but a fair walk away from the rest of the town's drinking holes.

Out of the Poll List, I'd say Doms, Abbey or Central, as they're the most accomodating and less likely to be crowded. Moreso, Dom's with it's mutiple levels and seating areas, handy to accomodate small groups. Pubcrawls can be arranged from there ;)

Aren't we missing a few pubs, like The Reveller, McCaffertys, Scotsman (reopened), The National/Peak... or Mulreaneys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

You know your pubs byte ;)

yep he certainly knows his pubs, and what happened to schooners.
    all im saying is what eddie told me! he'd love to open it for 1 week for the craic beacuse its not like keeney has any plans for it in the immediate future. thats all i know no guarantee it will even happen and its gonna be far too late for this thing sorry i brought it up!
    regretting not voting the forge, just remembered the lovely couches upstairs that are barely used anymore, would be like having the beers in someones living room

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Well, true, better to have Schooners open a week than lying idle. Don't apologise for bringing it up, it would be good if Eddie will pull it off, hope he does.

Re: The Forge, I forgot all about the upstairs part! Haven't been in there a while... it would be worthy of consideration also!

Advertisement