Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

logo advice

Options
  • 25-08-2011 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping this is the correct forum or this.

I've a design that I want to use as a company logo for a small venture but the quality is not good enough for letterheads etc.

The logo was originally done professionally for my brothers company, but that went bust & he cant find the original artwork.

Whats the most cost effective way of getting this into a workable image that I can use ?. Do I just search out a graphic designer, or there anywhere online I can get it done ? -I'm really trying to keep costs down, but that said don't want the final product to look cheap.

Any advice gratefully received.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

I can trace it for you in InDesign over the weekend (wont get near my pc until then) and save it as a vector so you can make it as large as you want. It'll only take a few mins to do so need for payment in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

This could be traced in illustrator no problem, probably about a half hour of work or so. This could then be blown up to any size.

You could download a trial version of illustrator and do a tutorial such as this one:

That should do the trick (with a bit of practice;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 verticalbones

http://www.crowdspring.com/ is an excellent site to get quality, low-cost logo work completed. A good brief is key to getting any quality output. The final logo really needs to reflect what you stand for, as well as your personality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 redlemon.ie

I think tracing is the best option here. Tracing it in illustrator will ensure you have it in vector format and will never pixelate.

EDIT: Cutting out fake signiature.

Advertisement