Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband - have you heard of Airwire?

• 25-08-2011 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

We're looking to get connected - have no landline and are having problems with coverage in our rural area.
    I've just come across this company on Boards but haven't heard of them before now - can anyone enlighten me about them? (Have checked their website and called. Now just looking for personal opinions!)
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

Hi,
    I'm in Monivea and have there 1mb service at €30 a month for about 2 years now, also because we have no need to be paying for a eircom land line we wouldn't use.
    It's a fairly basic broadband but they are ok to deal with, never signed any contract or anything just gave then a call, the engineer came to install the equipment a few days later and i paid him the fee (i think it was €200 at the time)
    We have had a few problems with the speed at 1mb it is just about ok, and they came back to move the aerial because the wind was very bad and the aerial was "whistling in the wind", also once i was working up in the Attic and i knocked there box and i broke something.
    so they have been back to us on service calls a few times, usually the same day and we were never charged a penny even when it was my fault.
    I would like a faster speed but you get what you pay for and overall i am very happy with them and would give them 9/10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

We have been with Airwire for the past few years. We are very happy with them - the signal is stable, service is very constant and customer service is good too.

Best of luck.
    Valerie

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭dustie1

I'm with Airwire for the last few months now. Had eircom broadband before we moved to rural location. Much happier with Airwire as there's no limits and stable connection. I found eircom connection was very dodgy and would come and go. 1mb service for €30 is good value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

With Airwire for 4-5 Years now. (Ballyglunin) Speed on 1M is acceptable, very stable. A great example of a native Irish company filling a gap in the market with a good product.

I am a pretty heavy on-line gamer WOW, EVE, etc.. and there is no problem with Lag on those games. No limits on downloading if that matters to you.

Service is excellent, they use twitter to keep customers up-to date with any outages,occasional weather related equipment failures are quickly rectified, highly tech-savvy and prompt call-out if there is an issue.

But the number 1 reason that I stay loyal to them is that they provide a service in areas that the bigger providers don't want to know about and that counts for a lot.

+1 Recommended :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭hamlet1

we cant get eircom broadband and have been with airwire for last 5 years and find it excellent.only ever had a problem once and it was sorted very quickly.would highly recommend them.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 DecQ

Echo that. Near Tuam and Eircom won't provide service. With Airwire 4 - 5 years and the one time I did have a problem it did take a while to get it properly sorted because it was intermittent but in fairness,they did give us 1 month free service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

I've been with Airwire for the last 18 monts and I haven't found them that great. I think I must be on the outskirts of their signal range cause I have trouble getting a stable signal, especially when it's raining heavily or foggy. They seem to have a major problem with congestion during peak times where recently I kept losing my signal in the evening times/weekends. It was fine when I used to try it @ 6.00 in the morning. I found when I rang them to complain the signal would improve slightly for a week or 2 and then go crappy again.

I've recently switched to Imagine Wimax. They have a tower in Tuam now and the signal seems good so far. Plus they offer 3mb unlimited service for the same price Airwire charge for 1mb (30 yo yos)

Advertisement