Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitter, Leaner me!!!

Options
  • 25-08-2011 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

hi guys I decided to start a log I've been on a fitness health buzz the past 6 months I've offically got the bug I workout 6 days a week I mix it up big time boxercise, bootcamp, spinning, step aerobics and weights. its really starting to come together for me I've lost 30 lbs I'm getting stronger and fitter. still have about another 2 stone to loose. im a competly different person to before, before I use to dread walking up the stairs lazy was a understatement!!So here's to the next 30 lb down and been a role model to my 2 lil girls.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭shannon guy

Well I would love to commend you on this. well done. And keep it up

Just remember, And I will get stick for this, xmas is sneaking up. only a few months.

Be sure with such a big holiday coming your frame of mind, nutrition and training are on the ball.

We all love to indulge, and sometimes we need to, but if your frame of mind isnt there, you will struggle to get back to it, but if you are doing well, which you seem to be, (understatement) you should be ok.

But a big congrats, and you will be / are a fantastic role model to your kids, and many others.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

Thanks for the support Shannon guy! I know once kids go back to school christmas doesnt be long about creeping up!! I really cant see me going back to my old ways i love and i mean love working out i think its cause its the one thing i do for me and only me! I had bootcamp last night it was a killer (more killer the better) it always is a killer the 2 lads teaching it are both army PE instructors so they know how to make you sweat they base it around circuits including anerobic exercises, strength training and core workouts it does involves lots of press ups, sit ups, planks, kettlebells, resitance bands, tricep dips, burpees, bench jumps, squat jumps, sprints to name but a few! Then tonight i got another ass kicking i went to spinning and i was the only one that turned up so the girl taking the class who is also my trainer in the gym decided to kick my as with circuits instead as it was one on one she pushed me to my limits was killer but i loved it!! I had my gym assessment today all is going great weight down, inches down in the strength test im up to 31.5 which apparently is pretty good for a girl and another big achievement for me this week i conquered full push ups this week no more modified ones for me can only manage 5 but im a work in progress!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭shannon guy

Wow, sounds like your training is going really well.

That kind of bootcamp is always fun. breaks the boredom of running on a thread mill.

Well done anyway. you seem to be killing it.

And when you do your measurements and see such good results it always boosts your motivation :) keep it going.

took saturday as my rest day was feeling pretty sore after thursday and fridays hard sessions. my gym closes at half 3 on a sunday hubbie was working so had to train aty home while baby was, napping. I did a 5k treadmill run I included some intervals of one minute sprints in it completed the 5 k in just under 32 mins. I then did a lil circuit by myself bicep curls, kettlebell squats, lunges with dumbbells, jumping jacks, push ups and sit ups was happy enough with workout especially cause working out at home always harder to push yourself but I was wrecked by end so good result

last night I did a step aerobic class and this morning I did a spinning class tonight will bootcamp which will have plenty of strength and resistance training. I'm getting a new weights programme on thursday I asked my trainer to increase my free weights lookibg forward to seeing what she has planned for me!

• Advertisement

just home from bootcamp warm up was jogging, walking lunges, sprints the circuit tonight had 15 stations they were tricep dips, burpees, bicep curls with resistance bands, oblique curls with medicine ball, skipping, v ups, shoulder raise with resistance bands, mountain climber, front raise with kettle bells, squat jumps, push ups, sit ups step ups with kettlebells, plank and a ab roll with the lil wheel thing each station was 35 seconds and we did the circuit twice.

Advertisement