Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2012 Bikes

• 25-08-2011 4:43pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Thinking of a road bike (have MTB) was looking at a Canyon Roadlite which is heavily sold out ATM which im presuming is to do with a change over to 2012 models that there going to announce at a trade show in a few days.

When do the big brands generally move over to 2012 models? Would seem mad to me to pay full whack for a 2011 if there going to be on sale as last years stock shortly?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭el Bastardo

Going on my own experience a year ago: Wait a while and you'll probably score last years model for less in another month or so. I bought a 2010 model around this time last year instead of waiting; I should have waited because they reduced the prices substantially a few weeks later (I'm not talking about Canyon btw).

In saying that, the spec was practically the same too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Canyon listed their 2011 bikes in mid October 2010 according to this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,166 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

There are usually bargains to be had in January if you're not choosy about a particular make. One year I picked up a Specialized Singlecross for less than €300.

This only applies to the conventional brands sold through shops, i.e. where there is likely to be unsold stock.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Cheers lads no hurry anyway will be mid oct either way id say, no money this month! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DHFrame

They are announcing a whole new set of bikes in 5 days. If you didn't know already. Looking forward to seeing new Grand Canyon Curved down tube and Grand Canyon 29r. Apple style Speculation atm though.

http://www.canyon.com/eurobike2011/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

http://www.canyon.com/_en/eurobike2011/ultimate-al.html

Well its got a fancy new downtube and new Ultegra Di2 mounts as well as the internal cabling and Pressfit BB already confirmed.

Love to know if they're keeping these bikes at the same price as the 2011 models. Will there be much off the the price of the 2011 range when the 2012 goes on sale? Anyone know?

I'd say that the AL 9.0 2012 will be more expensive than the 2011. Afterall it's Ultegra Di2 vs Ultegra.

FWIW, they tend not to drop the prices of the previous year's models by much. Probably €50/€100 off the AL 9.0 2011.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Cube have there out as wel, no prices for anything yet tough

Lemag wrote: »
    I'd say that the AL 9.0 2012 will be more expensive than the 2011. Afterall it's Ultegra Di2 vs Ultegra.

FWIW, they tend not to drop the prices of the previous year's models by much. Probably €50/€100 off the AL 9.0 2011.

Cheers. There is a regular 2012 Ultegra AL 9 listed in the pdf file thats availible on the site. The 2011 model is 1599 so we'll see if there is an increase. Any drop in price for the 2011 would be useful.

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Cheers. There is a regular 2012 Ultegra AL 9 listed in the pdf file thats availible on the site. The 2011 model is 1599 so we'll see if there is an increase. Any drop in price for the 2011 would be useful.
    D'oh! They dropped their prices between 2010 and 2011 but they also equipped the bikes with lesser wheels. If I were a betting man I'd put my money on them maintaining their prices where there are no apparent differences in spec.

• Advertisement

This should be renamed the canyon thread but anyway...
    Just heard back from Canyon (emailed them last Friday, must be busy with enquiries), not giving too much away on price but confirmed a small price reduction for 2011 models.
    Quote:
    'In the case that there are 2011 models left over after the new bikes are added to the website then they will be reduced in price slightly and added to the Outlet section.'
    'Our advice - read up on the 2012 models and keep an eye on the Canyon.com website.'

So as Lemag suggested maybe a e100 discount off those frames though if the 2012 are priced the same as current 2011 range they'll find it hard to shift that older stock so maybe a bigger discount down the road if they're left with a big surplus of 2011 stock! Only Canyon know right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,422 ✭✭✭positron

Apologies for bringing this thread back from the past, but Canyon Outlet seems to have a few bikes there now - only one Roadlite though, and the reduction is more or less in the range of 50 to 100 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭SWL

Canyon have their new 2012 range on their site with prices, double check the lead in times. I had hoped to get the Ultimate AL but it wil not be available until week 12 next year:mad:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Was chatting to the owner of a prominent bike shop recently and he said that prices were plummeting for next year, which I was very surprised to hear. Particularly top end stuff.

A kick in the stones if you bought a 5 figure or high 4 figure bike last year, but good news for everyone else I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Roadrat

fat bloke wrote: »
    Was chatting to the owner of a prominent bike shop recently and he said that prices were plummeting for next year, which I was very surprised to hear. Particularly top end stuff.

A kick in the stones if you bought a 5 figure or high 4 figure bike last year, but good news for everyone else I guess.
    I hope you made a mistake there bud when ya said 5 figure bike!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Roadrat wrote: »
    I hope you made a mistake there bud when ya said 5 figure bike!!!!!

That's certainly an understandable reaction alright :pac:

Advertisement