Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Almost ready to order :)

Options
  • 25-08-2011 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

I'm back again for more advice :)

154ye0l.jpg

I've attached an image of my build and would just like confirmation that everything works together? I chose the monitor as I saw it on the HWVS homepage and don't imagine I'll find a better screen cheaper, although please feel free to point one out :) I'll be getting windows from software4students.ie. I think I did my checks ok and the motherboard should offer what i need but if someone more knowledgeable could cast their eye on it that'd be great :) One other question I have is whether I could save any money by choosing a different case? I have noticed that this Fractal Design R3 case is often recommended here so I presume its a very good one, but I'd like to know what makes it better than the cheaper alternatives, I'm genuinely curious as I know next to nothing about cases lol.

Thanks again for any help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Looks like a good build overall. The motherboard is reasonable although if I recall correctly, it doesn't get very high overclocks.

The fractal design R3's main strength is that it's very quiet. If noise doesn't bother you don't let it dissuade you from picking something that you like the look of.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Stevie_D_D

Cool thanks for the reply. I guess I do value a quiet case and hopefully the motherboard will be ok as I don't plan to overclock hugely so I'll keep those components as they are. I think I found a nicer screen though http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=41161&agid=603 It's €60 more expensive but I heard these IPS screens are far better than the TN ones. I think I'll order once the monitor is back in stock, thanks for the help :)

Advertisement