Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get Long Johns in city?

Options
  • 25-08-2011 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Ive been looking for some thermals for the coming winter, Ive looked in pennies & dunnes in the city so far and no luck. Mabye Im looking a bit early but does anyone know where I can get some for the coming cold spell we will have to endure. I got some in London a few years ago but theyre worn out.

Thanks for any replies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Anthony Ryans might be a place to stock them:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Penneys will have those black thermally guys ones in no doubt, but usually after Sept. They cling to their optimism!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Dunnes in Limerick has them so I presume they will have them in Galway too every so often aldi sell them as well and they are nit too bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

Cheers, Ill try Anthony Ryans! Gonna be another cold one this year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭RichT

Millets in the Headford Road Shopping Centre should stock them.

Padraigs in Tuam do a set for cheap as chips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Anthony Ryans might be a place to stock them:)

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭mcgarry098

someones gettin lucky tonight ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

M&S have had them in the past.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭galwaycyclist

M&S have had them in the past.

When you come out of the main entrance to Debenhams/M&S turn right and go down Eyre St? Theres a sort of aul fellas shop on the other side about 70m down. Kind of place that does cotton fleece shirts and safety boots. Good bet I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

Hi guys,

I got some in London a few years ago but theyre worn out.

Thanks for any replies

How did you weat them out? :D

• Advertisement

scholar007 wrote: »
    How did you weat them out? :D

Wear them out even! - Why did they have to put the T & R beside each other?

scholar007 wrote: »
    Wear them out even! - Why did they have to put the T & R beside each other?

Wearing them day in day out for a few years has worn the end of the legs out, tears in the fabric etc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

When you come out of the main entrance to Debenhams/M&S turn right and go down Eyre St? Theres a sort of aul fellas shop on the other side about 70m down. Kind of place that does cotton fleece shirts and safety boots. Good bet I reckon.
    Eyre Street Stores. Run by Mrs McCannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭RichT

Wearing them day in day out for a few years has worn the end of the legs out, tears in the fabric etc

I know the summers In Ireland aren't great, but.................

Ah so, it wasn't from the quare wan tearing them off you for a bit of hows yer father then?

RichT wrote: »
    I know the summers In Ireland aren't great, but.................

But what? Are you telling me that everyone feels the cold the same way as you do? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭carmex21

Dunnes to fairly nice ones; quite thin but warm and pretty cheap. I like the tops as they are not really bulky and you can wear them under a short sleeve t shirt without looking like you came in from the mountains!

It may be a bit early for a shop like Dunnes to stock them but handy to have a back up nearer the winter.....

Cheers

Advertisement