Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants in Dublin that serve exotic meat

Options
  • 25-08-2011 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

hi, iam looking for any restaurants in dublin city that serve exotic meats specifically Ostrich? thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,419 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Never seen it in Dublin, had it in paris. Nothing special really. Worth the novelty only

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I was in the Stone Haven in Maynooth last night and Ostrich was on the menu. I actually had Wild Boar, but on previous occasions in that restaurant, I have had alligator.

Not exactly Dublin City center, but just hop on the 66 bus and you will get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    I was in the Stone Haven in Maynooth last night and Ostrich was on the menu. I actually had Wild Board, but on previous occasions in that restaurant, I have had alligator.

Not exactly Dublin City center, but just hop on the 66 bus and you will get there.

You just beat me to it .

Ostrich is nice

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭simplybam

John Downey & Son in Terenure (by Terenure cross roads) sell all kinds of exotic meat (kangaroo, ostrich, crocodile, springbock, etc.). Been buying meat there quite regularly. They're all very easily cooked as well. Just a wee bit of oil in a griddle pan, a bit of salt and pepper (freshly ground) and fry to taste. Most of these meats shouldn't be cooked past medium as game can get rather tough if fried too long.

The best restaurant is still at home!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

I think that Gourmet Burger Co. in Ranelagh might have ostrich on the menu sporadically, not 100% sure about that though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭snowfinch

Was in Blue Bar in Skerries over the summer and they had Ostrich on their menu.

Wanted to order it but obviously was popular enough as they were out of it by late afternoon!

Advertisement