Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Backcombing

• 25-08-2011 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I bought a backcombing brush today after it was recommended by a friend. I just don't know how to backcomb my hair properly! I have longish layered hair. At the moment, i do the usual wash dry upside down, semi straighten, clip in my extensions then backcomb it a little bit on top. I want to know how to do it properly as I love the oomph it gives my hair! I have a wedding on Saturday and this style would look fab, even backcombed with slight waves. All replies appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

I wouldn't step outside without some sort of a backcomb in my hair, and I've actually found the wide tooth comb bought in tesco is actually far better than any backcombing brush I've ever used. Maybe consider getting one!

Anyway take a section of hair you wanna backcomb, backcomb 3 times, smooth hair on top gently, take another section, repeat. I always start underneath and work my way up. I also find that backcombing powder you get fantastic for getting a good backcomb and it won't go flat throughout the day/night. Hairspray is obviously your friend too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

1483.jpg

I have one of these...they are well handy!

I usually leave my hair until the day after its washed as it holds more. seperate hair and start working from underneath.

Spritz with hairspray, take a section and backcomb for a little while (until you see volume) and spritz with some more hair spray. Keep repeating until you have the look you want!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭shell10

the best thing to do with backcombing is get it as big and full as u can as u can always flatten it down .. take section spray with hairspray , get a comb and start to back comb spray again with hairspray , then take a new section and repeat .. after a few sections i tend to give it a big spray with hairspray all over . its way better to be sprayin when u start rather then when ur near the front of hair because it might start looking hard.. when ur done all the back combing and looking pretty much insane ( if u dont u resemble a lion you havent back combed enough haha), give it one more spray and then i use the backcombing brush pictured above to do the smoothing out i think it works way better :)

hope this helps.. Definitly recommend the comb to do the back combing its much easier and gives such good volume! :)

ENJOY!!

Advertisement