Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commerce timetable/electives?

Options
  • 25-08-2011 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,661 ✭✭✭✭

Does anybody have the commerce 1st year timetable or know when it will be available?

Also regarding electives: I have 5 credits and am wondering what I should pick.
    I'm interested in Economics/Maths/History outside of Commerce and would appreciate if people could recommend any interesting/doable modules from these that I could choose.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Economics of Social Policy, but I would do that in second year after you have taken Intro to Micro and Macro. Makes it so much easier.

I wouldn't advise doing a history module, its nothing like school. A lot of reading, writing and next to impossible to get an A.

If you can do maths at all then go for maths electives. The answer is either right or wrong and with a bit of effort you can get an A or a B. Linear algebra could be handy for you. Some of the mathsy guys in my year took Intro to Quantitative Economics and they said it helped them with the stuff we did at the end of second year (Intermediate Micro - awful subject)

Advertisement