If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally an Iron for MEN!

Options
  • 25-08-2011 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

Finally Guys there is an Iron that we wont feel embarrased using - no pastle colours, no delicate design features - just a powerful Ironing tool for men:cool:

and here it is -
    gc4890_02_rtv_.jpg
    Its known as the Philips GC4890 Steam Iron and is one of our most power ironing devices

Feature wise -
    • Its a 2600Watt unit and heats up very quickly
    • Has a constant Steam output 50g/min
    • ASteam Boost of 170g so it will blast through any creases
    • It glides on a ANODILIUM soleplate which is out toughest soleplate material so it wont be scratched by whatever clothing you iron
    • It holds 3350ml of water so will keep going for as long as needed
    • Power cord length: 2.5 mtr
    • Cord freedom (swivel): 360 degree cord freedom for easy manouvering

Best of all its BLACK!! so its sleek and stealthy - just what you want in an Iron really:)
    Just get rid of that old floral print cover over your ironing board before you use it eh:o

Have a look see here for full spec

This is coming into us with an introductory price of €79.99 down from its regular price of €99.99

cheers
    Ash

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

So if I bring a lot of clothes into the shop on Sat will they be ironed?????

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Sorry Ash, where's the remote control? You said it was for men......

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Finally Guys there is an Iron that we wont feel embarrased using......

lolcatsdotcom565begd1txveb2vx.jpg

PurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRitz.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭MrTrebus

no such thing mate,
    your only kidding yourself ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

mmm....

Rednik - you're welcome to bring 'em in - we could do with new cleaning cloths!

ButtersSuki - no remote but it does have a big red control dial, will that do??

The Ritz - I really don't know what to say! (LOVE the trousers in the background....)

MrTrebus - well someone has to create a new product catagory! - failing that we just need to convince the OH to do our ironing.(if I suggest that to my OH they'll need to add "AIRBAG" to the feature list as my iron is swung at my head.....)

atb
    Ash

• Advertisement

Hi all

Just thought i'd let you all know the new Philips GC4890 Iron for MEN, has arrived in.

As Ironing is pretty boring at the best of times why not spice it up and try out a little Extreme Ironing??

extreme_ironing_hanggliding.jpg

or maybe this?
    extreme_ironing_mountains_15.jpg

or for those down the counrty...
    extreme-ironing-1.jpg

Just a couple of examples of the FUN and man can have with his Iron!!!

atb
    Ash

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,660 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

scuba-divers-break-ironing-underwater-world-record-idiots.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

I assumed a woman would come with it. :D

That I'd buy!

Hi Wolflikeme

I'm so not touching that:eek:!

cheers
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I am in the market for an Iron and this would be perfect were it not for the very manly price 80 euro for an Iron?

You can get the black and sleek looking Philips GC4730 for half that.

• Advertisement

Hi Syklops

Check out here for our full Iron range

atb
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.