Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving house/terminating contract...warning!

Options
  • 25-08-2011 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Recently got badly stung by Eircom. I moved house and switched services to my new house. Well...............Turns out on your last bill all packages are removed, in our case it was the call UK anytime. As a result my final bill for my old house added nearly 55 euro in calls!! Saw the package wasn't on our new house and quickly called them up. "don't worry" I was told "it is" That info looks like it's incorrect and I'm going to get stung on my new bill!! Takes a full bill cycle for it to come into effect...didn't I read my terms and conditions? Rang up customer service and they refused to budge, even with the incorrect advice about the new house. I'm furious!!! I'm busy enough moving without this sneaky rip off, their attitude was appalling on the phone. So that's it, I'm downgrading my plan to nothing to see out the 5 months left, and moving to another provider. I'll have to thread so carefully when I call them up, Lord knows what other traps I can fall into in downgrading/ending. I will be taping the call!!!

Is there anything I can do??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

You cant call someone and record them without their consent. Any evidence obtained that way would be open to being challanged, best of luck getting anywhere with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Moe1013 wrote: »
    Recently got badly stung by Eircom. I moved house and switched services to my new house. Well...............Turns out on your last bill all packages are removed, in our case it was the call UK anytime. As a result my final bill for my old house added nearly 55 euro in calls!! Saw the package wasn't on our new house and quickly called them up. "don't worry" I was told "it is" That info looks like it's incorrect and I'm going to get stung on my new bill!! Takes a full bill cycle for it to come into effect...didn't I read my terms and conditions? Rang up customer service and they refused to budge, even with the incorrect advice about the new house. I'm furious!!! I'm busy enough moving without this sneaky rip off, their attitude was appalling on the phone. So that's it, I'm downgrading my plan to nothing to see out the 5 months left, and moving to another provider. I'll have to thread so carefully when I call them up, Lord knows what other traps I can fall into in downgrading/ending. I will be taping the call!!!

Is there anything I can do??
    Hi Moe1013
    My apologies for the confusion involved in these transactions. While it is true that packages may not be applied to first and last bills ( if these bills are for part of the billing period only) I can certainly look into this for you and see what can be done. Can you PM me your details ( acc no / tel no. ) and will chase immediately.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Moe1013

Thanks for your reply Tony. I have sorted it out, but ONLY after I tried to terminate my contract, after which a package was designed compensating me and giving me a future discount. This ended up costing you far more than the original problem. I'm happy with this but it's wrong you have to go to these lengths to obtain a fair result. Please feedback the problem with the packages, I'm sure other customers have left because of this, it reflects badly on Eircom. Furthermore the attitude of the original customer service staff was appalling, I was treated very dismissively. This had to change...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Moe1013 wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply Tony. I have sorted it out, but ONLY after I tried to terminate my contract, after which a package was designed compensating me and giving me a future discount. This ended up costing you far more than the original problem. I'm happy with this but it's wrong you have to go to these lengths to obtain a fair result. Please feedback the problem with the packages, I'm sure other customers have left because of this, it reflects badly on Eircom. Furthermore the attitude of the original customer service staff was appalling, I was treated very dismissively. This had to change...

Thank you again for the feedback Moe1013I am happy that this was resolved for you and compensation was provided. This should not have been necessary as you say. One of the reasons we are on Boards.ie is to be able to pass on all feedback we receive to the relevant sections.
    If you do PM me your tel number I can chase the specific case.
    Thanks for getting back to me.
    Tony

Advertisement