Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to share in Park West, Dublin 12 - Where to look?

Options
  • 25-08-2011 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

So, just got a job in Dublin, and would like to live as near as possible to the job, as I don't drive, and I'm not a good morning person :P. I've looked on Daft, and theres only 3 sharing ads on there, one looking for females only, and two non-answers.

Any other avenues I can go down to look for rooms available in or around Park West?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Lyn256

I'm not sure that you'd actually want to live in Parkwest. It's very commercial-lots of office buildings-small amount of residential. Think it dies off after 5pm
    I used to have a flatmate that worked in Parkwest but lived in Lucan-he used to cycle down.
    The 151 bus goes down by parkwest so you could base yourself in either Lucan or toward town-Drimnagh/James St
    Or Clondalkin is probably walking distance either

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭scarlet_mandy

Lyn256 wrote: »
    I'm not sure that you'd actually want to live in Parkwest. It's very commercial-lots of office buildings-small amount of residential. Think it dies off after 5pm

Ditto, my OH used to live there and when they did, a few years ago, I remember the Spar/Centra/Mace/whatever it was didn't open on Sundays which was a pain, coz the place shuts down over the weekend. Lucky they drove so we could get to the Mill and Lidl but it's a ghost town after hours anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I lived there a few years ago so maybe it's changed but unless you have a car its very isolated. There is only one bus route into the area which isn't very frequent and it's a good 20 minute walk to the luas stop at Kylemore. In the evenings and at weekends the place is dead. As mentioned above, the spar didn't open on Sundays and the one pub that was there was a bit rough.

Advertisement