Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why does this forum protect garda

Options
  • 25-08-2011 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

everytime someone tells the truth about our so called police force it gets banned and removed why doesint this forum protect free speech when it comes to complaining about these childeren

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Professor Severus Snape

budguy wrote: »
    everytime someone tells the truth about our so called police force it gets banned and removed why doesint this forum protect free speech when it comes to complaining about these childeren

Not all Garda are the same, you know. There are always black sheep in the family, always and it's naive to think that they're all the same. Some people genuinely care for their profession and want to do a good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

Not all Garda are the same, you know. There are always black sheep in the family, always and it's naive to think that they're all the same. Some people genuinely care for their profession and want to do a good job.

Agreed up to a point, but it is also naive not to acknowledge institutional corruption that ranges from relatively minor acts to major ones. The police force in this country could do with an overhaul. I'll always believe that giving that kind of power and responsibility to an 18/19 year old is too much too soon and generally will result in abuse of said power in some shape or form.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Cawk n bawllz

Boo Radley wrote: »
    Agreed up to a point, but it is also naive not to acknowledge institutional corruption that ranges from relatively minor acts to major ones. The police force in this country could do with an overhaul. I'll always believe that giving that kind of power and responsibility to an 18/19 year old is too much too soon and generally will result in abuse of said power in some shape or form.

How does anyone become a garda at 18 or 19?
    You'll be out of leaving cert at 17 and then it takes several years training to become a garda does it not?
    I've never had any bad experiences with the gardai in this country myself.
    They've always been pleasant and reasonable but then again I've only ever dealt with the traffic corps.
    The only ones I've ever heard complain about "da ****in pigs, man" are youths with weed on them who think they're rebels or junkies who.. well, act like youths all their lives.

Advertisement