Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving out and notice period

Options
  • 25-08-2011 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I signed a 6 month lease in May which the landlord stated was flexible, he said if I wanted to move out within that time it was fine but the contract was mainly for the PRTB purposes. I am coming into the fifth month of my contract and have found a house which I love and want to move into. The main reason I want to move out is because my room is located between the living room and kitchen, which gives me no privacy and I don't get sleep if the housemates are around.

The lease on the house I'm looking at starts 15th September, which is 3 weeks from today. Rent is paid in my current place last day of every month. Does anyone have any ideas what I could do in this situation? He is a reasonable landlord and very decent, I have seen tenants move out in the middle of the month before, but I don't want to lose my deposit or have to pay a full months rent.

I was thinking of suggesting that he advertise the room immediately and if he finds a suitable tenant within the 3 weeks or even before the 3 weeks, I would vacate as soon as he wanted (I have a place I could stay). And if he cannot find a tenant I will stay for the 4 week notice period.

Sorry for the long post, all suggestions are welcome!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Issue resolved, mods you can close this thread. Thanks :)

Advertisement