Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC losing connection when recovering from sleep

Options
  • 25-08-2011 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

When my Win 7 laptop recovers from sleep mode, I lose my wirless connection. Windows wireless "diagnose" is unable to establish connection and recomends I reboot the modem (Cisco 2425) Error msg : your computer appears to be correctly configured but the device or resourse (DNS server) is not responding. Reboot works. Many calls toUPC tech appear unable to solve. Have tried deleting network profile etc...

thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ferguscork

I have the same problem (new install). I keep losing connectivity with router/modem. When it works, it works great but then it can just drop out. Because I am a self install, I have wait until midday for tech support. A joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

I have UPC Cisco 2425 set up downstairs using wireless... I have PC upstairs and signal is always good to fair.. it browses the net fine but it's useless for skype...
    could I buy a larger antenna for it. I really wanted my own router and just have UPC supply the modem for the phone... but they said you have to use the Cisco for the 25mb deal... ? ? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ferguscork

I solved my problem.

What I noticed was if I stayed connected wirelessly with my laptop to the Cisco router, then the wifi was reasonablt stable. If I disconnected and then tried to reconnect, I owuld have to power down the Cisco modem / router .

What I did was disable the wireless option on the Cisco via wireless settings tab, plugged in my old Belkin wireless router to one of the 4 ethernet ports on the back of it and hey presto : Problem-fee wireless connectivity to my laptop, the kid's PC, my blackberry, my son's iPod etc etc. .

The Cisco router is ****E for wireless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

+1 to ferguscork. The only solution I've seen to this is to connect another router to your Cisco and use that to provide wireless. I nearly went mad with the Cisco when I had it. Thank god when I upped to 50MB they gave me one which doesn't seem to suffer the same disconnection problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Am having a similar problem but rather than create a new thread will bump this one.

PC is connected to UPC Thomson wired and PS3,phones and laptop are all wireless, when the laptop is turned on it restarts the modem every time but doesn't seem to do it from sleepmode.None of the other wireless devices restart it. :(

Connecting a router is the only solution ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement