Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to wire double oven

Options
  • 25-08-2011 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am looking for help wiring a double oven. There is a thick flat rectangular wire coming from the wall and I presume it's connected to the "oven switch" on the kitchen wall.
    I enclose a picture of the connection available at the back.
    I notice there are 2 outlets for "Live" and 3 outlets for "Neutral".
    My question is:
    Can I leave some outlets empty and Can I wire the live wire to any of the live outlet? Same goes with the Neutral wire?
    Obviously I will choose the 240V connections.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

please take my advice and get an electrician to make this connection off, may cost 20 quid or whatever but it will be worth it,

theres too many things that can go wrong when terminating 6mm sq to the oven, even some "sparks" find it tricky,

loose connections and bad connections can cause FIRES

as the saying goes its easy to do when you know what your doing;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ImBoredDotIe

Wire the live to any of the live connections and the neutral to any of the neutral connections for 240v. The other "outlets" are already looped for you by the manfacturer. Might be best as already said to get a sparks to do it. If doing it yourself, dont snip out any conductors if its a tight squeeze!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

The other "outlets" are already looped for you by the manfacturer

this is definately not the case all the time, the manufacturer would provide u shaped loop clips but they would still need to be installed along with the cable by the installer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

If you dont know how to do this, phone an electrician. End of.

Advertisement