Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bone-idle Is Hiring, We Need Writers

Options
  • 25-08-2011 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭

Bone-idle is looking to recruit some new writers, the site has been on the go for over 2 1/2 years and in that time has transformed and grown quite considerably. Recently taking in films and now we are launching a handheld site. So it's now time for another expansion and as such i'm looking to build a new team of committed and dedicated writers.

Writers should have a good knowledge of the industry and a fairly good grasp of English (you don't have to be a genius) but should be able to put together a few hundred words at ease.

Positions that i need to fill immediately in the Handheld Market site www.bone-idle.mobi
    Iphone/Andriod/ipad Game News writer/reviewer.
    NDS/3DS Game News writer/reviewer.
    PSP/Vita Game News writer/Reviewer.

Positions that i need to fill immediately on the main site www.bone-idle.ie
    Xbox Arcade Reviewer.
    Film News writer/ reviewer. (Dublin based to attend press screenings usually free Tuesday morning would be best)

I also need general staff that can write news, previews, reviews across the PS3, Xbox360 and PC, but the handheld,film and Arcade market is what i really need to fill.

I am looking for people over 21, its not essential but its just people under 21 generally find it hard to commit time to the site with work or exams etc, i'm not over bearing in terms of you need to produce X amount a day but i do like a bit of consistency and reliability. (if you are studying journalism especially games journalism the ill make a special exception on the age)

A bit on the site, we have built a good relationship with pretty much every major game and film publishers and even some developers, including Sony, Microsoft, EA, Ubisoft, 2K Games, Codemasters, Bethesda, rockstar, Warner Brothers, Paramount Suda 51, Open emotion studio's etc etc.

If you are looking to break into the world of games journalism this is a great starting point, you will get your articles to the people who matter, you will get the chance to attend some awesome events (I'm just back from a week at Gamescom) and you will of course learn a great deal and get to talk about games all day.

So if you would like to get your foot in the door, are already writing your own blog but want to expand your portfolio or just think you have what it takes drop me a line either here or at anthony@bone-idle.ie

I specifically have not talked about the perks as if you are just looking for free games this isn't for you, if you are seriously thinking of a career in the gaming industry then this is a great opportunity.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,847 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Good luck with the hiring lads, I'm sure there are a few Boardsies here who could fit that roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Best of luck grumpy, ill keep visiting as usual :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Theplant

What are the perks?

Ive a good few years of experience writing for a newspaper in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Are you looking for someone specifically to go into journalism? I'd love to contribute on a 'part time' basis. I'm actually at a junction in my life where I'm not sure what I want to do with myself, having invested 6 years in a company that seems to have been a waste, and I had an interest in journalism when I was in secondary.

I'd be fine with the handheld market, and I already own an iPhone and 3DS and will more than likely be picking up a Vita on launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

chrislad wrote: »
    Are you looking for someone specifically to go into journalism? I'd love to contribute on a 'part time' basis. I'm actually at a junction in my life where I'm not sure what I want to do with myself, having invested 6 years in a company that seems to have been a waste, and I had an interest in journalism when I was in secondary.

I'd be fine with the handheld market, and I already own an iPhone and 3DS and will more than likely be picking up a Vita on launch.

No its not essetial i just mentioned that as i would rather people who are interested in writing or that do need to get some experience for the CV, as i've found over the years people who are just out to get free games rarely work.

Drop me an email at anthny@bone-idle.ie do up a short (very brief) profile and if you have any examples of writing that would help. Ill be collecting them all up and getting back to people asap.

• Advertisement

Theplant wrote: »
    What are the perks?

Ive a good few years of experience writing for a newspaper in the UK.

The perks include
    Experience for your CV
    Getting your work to the PR people who matter.
    You get to play and write about games all day.
    You get to attend things like, press screening of films, gaming conventions and other cool days out.
    But most of all you will get to work with and meet lots of people working in the gaming industry making tons of contacts and it's a great place to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I'm interested. I've a good bit of journalism experience for locals and nationals reviewing games amongst other things. Can you tell me if this position is paid and what the hours are like?

silvine wrote: »
    I'm interested. I've a good bit of journalism experience for locals and nationals reviewing games amongst other things. Can you tell me if this position is paid and what the hours are like?

Its purely a voluntary position and the hours are what ever people can commit to. At this stage we can't afford to pay people other than with the software/films screenings.

Guys just giving this one last bump, ive been able to get some great writers especially for the film and iphone slots. But im still really short a Kinect reviewer

I won't be picking one up any time soon and its the last section we struggle to cover. If you have a Kinect and fancy a foot in the industry and working with a great team then please get in touch.

Hopefully some of the writers can vouch for how nice a place it is to be writing at ;)

Advertisement