Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return Policy for Mobile Phone?

Options
  • 25-08-2011 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

I bought a Samsung Phone at Carphone warehouse 3 weeks ago and would prefer to change it for a Nokia model - nothing wrong with the phone, just used to the Nokia models and like their menu-system.

Do I have any possibility of being able to return this 'under consumer law'?
    Looking at the Carphone warehouse site, it appears you can return unopened goods within 7 days.
    I have opened this phone & been using it for around 20 days.
    Thx gok

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You've no right to return it under any law or policy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

Do Nokia still make phones?:D

Haven't seen anything decent from them for s long long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

gok wrote: »
    Do I have any possibility of being able to return this 'under consumer law'?
    Looking at the Carphone warehouse site, it appears you can return unopened goods within 7 days.

You're stuck with it. There is no change of mind option under law, only under some policies. If it's a shop policy, then they can apply whatever terms they want with it. In this case, unopened and unused is an appropriate one, and a short time limit is another.

Advertisement