Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good blusher

• 25-08-2011 10:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭

Anyone able to recommend one that is affordable?
    I use a powder one from 17 at the minute but it wears off in no time so I want a nice one in pink or peach that will last the day.
    Thanks for any help :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

I've been using the barbara daly one from tesco since my wedding day. I had no blusher (of course) and my sister said quick just throw this on and sure I've been using it snce. Before that I had always used O Glow by smash box but I wanted to get back to a powder blush. I like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

The ELF Studio and Mineral blushes are nice and last pretty well, think they are €4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭glitterbug86

I like the natural collection blushes. There aren't many shades but what they do have are very wearable colours. Most, if not all of them, are matte/satin which I think most people prefer and they're very affordable. I like "pink cloud" (below) which is a light-medium pink. It's nicely pigmented and I find it lasts well.

Natural_Collection_Pink_Cloud.JPG
    Image is not mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

No7 and Benefit do good ones.. They're quite expensive though but you could maybe get the Benefit blusher for cheaper on the likes of Asos and I know Boots give away vouchers for €7.50 off No7 products.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

See if you can save up for a MAC one. I normally buy cheaper makeup, but blusher is really the only thing I always splash out on. I used to wear the 17 ones too, but they really don't last and they shatter so easily, so it actually works out cheaper for me to buy one MAC blusher every 12-18 months than to have to buy a new 17 every month or two because they keep exploding in my bag.

If not, I've heard good things about the ELF Studio blushers and the Sleek ones. You could also try wearing a good primer under a cheap blush or wearing a cream/gel blush and setting it with a powder blush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Maybelline Dream Mousse blushers are brilliant! Was just in the store today checking out Essence Blushers for a friend (crap) and went around to Maybelline to see what colours Maybelline have. There is a gorgeous 'Peach' colour and also a nice 'Berry' colour which is a bright pink colour. But you could work it so it isn't garishly pink.

I have an old Mousse blush and I love it. I would say it is easier to apply than the MAC ones. (And I used to work for MAC). And at €10 something, its a really good price. The pots last for ages too. And the staying power of the blush is great. I tried wiping the colours off my hand but they stayed.

Can't fault them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I've been jumping for my Bourjois one lots recently :) I also love ELF's Studio blushers and they are Super cheap :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Asphyxia wrote: »
    I've been jumping for my Bourjois one lots recently :) I also love ELF's Studio blushers and they are Super cheap :D

What kind of brush do you use to apply the Bourjois one? I have a few of their blushers and when I swatch them with my fingers they look lovely, but when I use a brush I get no colour off them at all. It's really annoying because they come in lovely colours and smell amazing, but maybe I'm just using the wrong kind of brush.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

http://www.eyeslipsface.co.uk/product~prodID~43.htm

I use this brush and it helps apply the Bourjois blushes really nicely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

+1 for maybelline dream mousse!!!
    I'd often use that with a little of the elf studio one over it and it's lovely. Lasts really well. The elf ones are grand for the price - they're stuff is so hit and miss but I was happy with the blush.

Have to agree with moonflower though about the mac ones. I bought one after a makeup artist used it on me for my wedding day and it just lasts so long without top up. You use so little of the stuff for good payoff too so it's worth it.

Haven't tried out inglot blushes though. They look to be quite pigmented and they're a bit cheaper than mac...especially if you put them in a palette with other products.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Blusher wise I tend to wear either NARS or Benefit, but I have a blush from Topshop which is called Neon Rose and I have to say, I love it.

4754949553_8727110560.jpg

It know it might look quite bright but used sparingly, it really is lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

moonflower wrote: »
    See if you can save up for a MAC one. I normally buy cheaper makeup, but blusher is really the only thing I always splash out on. I used to wear the 17 ones too, but they really don't last and they shatter so easily, so it actually works out cheaper for me to buy one MAC blusher every 12-18 months than to have to buy a new 17 every month or two because they keep exploding in my bag.

If not, I've heard good things about the ELF Studio blushers and the Sleek ones. You could also try wearing a good primer under a cheap blush or wearing a cream/gel blush and setting it with a powder blush.

i think that was just me?? i had a lovvellly blush from them, it came free with a sun smhimmer, but the power all cracked and the cover broke in half.
    so major spillage.

i love the urban decay after glow, it looks garish but if you only put on a small amount it looks really well or the benefit danelion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

If you place some tissue in the blusher case to act as padding, they are less likely to explode when you're on the move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

moonflower wrote: »
    What kind of brush do you use to apply the Bourjois one? I have a few of their blushers and when I swatch them with my fingers they look lovely, but when I use a brush I get no colour off them at all. It's really annoying because they come in lovely colours and smell amazing, but maybe I'm just using the wrong kind of brush.

Brushes I use would be e.l.f Studio Stippling brush, Sigma F80 or MAC 187.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I've a blush from Avon which I love..the colour is Earthen Rose and I find it brilliant! It stays on all day too..I used to wear it from 7 in the morning until night and it lasted all during the school day:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

This one here by The Balm is my all-time favourite. The photo on their own website doesn't do it any justice:

https://www.thebalm.com/makeup/mama.htm

You can buy that brand in Awear now, and I think some of the bigger Boots.

Advertisement