Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bottled Water

Options
  • 25-08-2011 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi guys, just wondering if it would make much a difference regards taste to use bottled water for making a brew as opposed to tap water? I know it would cost 20 euro or so to buy all that water but I wouldn't mind trying it if it improved the quality of the brew. If anyone has tried it I'd love to know how it worked out...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

When I went to the home brew store I was strongly advised against using my tap water (Dublin) which doesn't taste great at the best of times. They said that if I had to use it I should leave it exposed to the air for a few days and the chlorine would evaporate out. I think there is some truth to this as I cant taste Chlorine from the tap in the bathroom while I can from the mains tap in the kitchen.

So I have used bottled water from the start but I don't pay €20/brew!!! I just go to tesco and they have water for decent prices. This is the water that I always get in Tesco:
    capturebvh.png

And here is my water awaiting my next brew:
    20110825231337.jpg

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 sixshot87

That's great thanks for your advise!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Giant Kiwi

I use bottled as well.

Depending on what's available in my local tesco costs me no more than 6-7 euro.

Advertisement