Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

V. High Pings

Options
  • 25-08-2011 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭

Right with the last 2 days , my 3meg connection has been getting really awful pings. Sometimes I would test my connection and i would be syncing at 3072/384 but would only be getting 1 down , .22 up and the pings would be 300ms or more. At the time of writing I am getting 2.67 down and .33 upload but the ping is 400. Been very very poor for online gaming to the point of being useless. This occurs all day not just peak times.

Here are some stats.

( BTW I've had 3meg for 2-3 years with no issues , just these crazy ping spikes )

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
    Connection Speed 3072 kbps 384 kbps
    Line Attenuation 56.0 db 31.5 db
    Noise Margin 7.7 db 15.0 db

Using the command line to ping www.google.com I get an average of 243ms and pinging www.eircom.net i get an average 198ms

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Right with the last 2 days , my 3meg connection has been getting really awful pings. Sometimes I would test my connection and i would be syncing at 3072/384 but would only be getting 1 down , .22 up and the pings would be 300ms or more. At the time of writing I am getting 2.67 down and .33 upload but the ping is 400. Been very very poor for online gaming to the point of being useless. This occurs all day not just peak times.

Here are some stats.

( BTW I've had 3meg for 2-3 years with no issues , just these crazy ping spikes )

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
    Connection Speed 3072 kbps 384 kbps
    Line Attenuation 56.0 db 31.5 db
    Noise Margin 7.7 db 15.0 db

Using the command line to ping www.google.com I get an average of 243ms and pinging www.eircom.net i get an average 198ms

Hi OMG It'sEoinD
    PM me your tel. number and will have a look at this for you.
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭OMG Its EoinD

PM sent

Advertisement