Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving out

• 25-08-2011 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Right myself and the girlfriend are moving in together and out of home for the first time and Im a worried **** that she'll be walkin home some night and get mugged/raped/bet up. Im tryin to think of a place close to CTI for her. Any recommendations for somewhere safe enough for us to live. We're both harmless country bumpkins so we'd appreciate your advise thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

You run that risk anywhere tbh.

What type of accommodation you looking for? Good quality, ****e quality, good enough. Apartment or House? etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DaleB91

We'd like a house because it'd be easier to keep pets, cars, safer but there just don't seem to be many in our price range tbh. We just want a nice 2 bedroom place with alright things in it. TV, wash room, shower, the essentials, nothing to fancy needed

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

The infirmary is not a bad option, secure off street parking and some of the owners allow in pets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I lived in john's st and henry st wile i was in cti. It was fine but i never walked anywhere on my own after dark. It was a while ago but most areas in town were the same. +1 for the infermary, just for the parking but i still wouldnt walk down johnstown after dark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Johns street should be grand as its fairly busy, i think there are some apartments right beside CTI, apartments over dignity bar also but who want to live over a pub. Infirmary would be grand also, anywhere around there, Johns hill also. In fairness, chances of something like you said happening are small no matter where (within reason) ye live once you dont walk around like an ambling target.
    The Alternative to city living would be possibly out further on the Dunmore road. Best option is to visit where you thinking of staying at night and use your gut instinct, if you think its dodgy, move on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

What is your budget give or take?

I used to Live down on Aldelfi (spelling?) Quay and I never had an ounce of trouble. Wouldn't be too bad a walk alone and it's near CTI.

Only advice I give when choosing to rent accomadation is visit the property twice at different times of the day and if anything doesn't feel right then more then likely something is wrong and don't take it.

It's a renters Market now so your lucky in a way.

Advertisement