Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shuttle bus

• 25-08-2011 11:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭

First off I totally called this one somewhere in these forums :p

Second the website in the email only states times which is handy but doesnt state a poxy price :mad:

is it free if you just flash your student card or something? 'Cause that would be trupendous :P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

I assume it's free? Feckin better be free.

I can only presume that the reason for the shuttle bus is that people who want to park, but in case they dont get a space, will either park in the shopping centre, get a bus in or get the train.

If someone is paying for a permit, and then can't find a space, has to go park at the centre, and then pay for the shuttle bus, that would be a load of b*lls*it!

A step in the right direction anyway (assuming it's free).

Looking forward to seeing what their cycling incentive is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭donfarrell

Ye I said that too on me FB :p
    Ye I wouldnt mind fixing up the aul bike and cycling the 12km to college if money is involved :L

the bus is definitly free......for now anyway
    http://www.itb.ie/Location/documents/ITBParkingFAQs.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

donfarrell wrote: »
    the bus is definitly free......for now anyway
    http://www.itb.ie/Location/documents/ITBParkingFAQs.pdf

Good man. Didn't even think of checking the FAQ.

Ye whoda though the shuttle bus info would be in the parking faq :L from now on when im looking for info dublin bus I'll go to the corporation website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 tansed

Im only starting this year in ITB as a mature student and have to drive like many others. Id be lying if I was not worried because if you get to the college right before a lecture for example and there aint no parking spaces your left ending up driving to the shopping centre and then waiting for a bus causing you to be late for class.

I will buy a permit but how frustrating will it be after buying one you get no space :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Leejo

It's an absolute farce alright and you're not the only one with that worry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭brendanL

surprised-cat3-400x291.jpg
    ^My reaction to the bus being free.

I assume the times will be posted that the shuttle bus moseys around at.. and just like travelling to any other college... you'll have to leave with enough time to get either the bus from the center or a spot at the college.

I'd find it unlikely that people will go as far away as the center to park if no spots exists. I think the local housing estates are about to get a little angry XD

TBH I'm delighted to see this shuttle bus is free ^^

http://www.itb.ie/Location/parking.html
    Arrived with online registration this morning....
    Check out the bus times...

Last one from itb at 17:50 ... :rolleyes:

Other then that... travel times seem a bit hopefully, all in all not so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 tansed

I know the bus is going from Coolmine,Blanch Shopping,NAC then the college
    does anyone know exactly where the stop is at the NAC. In the grounds, on the main road etc

thanks in advance

• Advertisement

not sure where the NAC is exactly looking at it on the map..
    but here's the map of the route that might help.
    http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=202181593896128403632.0004ab511a35d3350227b&doflg=ptk&ie=UTF8&ll=53.413011,-6.390438&spn=0.059344,0.154324&z=13&vpsrc=6

Jus seen the pic of the bus in the email, thank god its a double decker :L
    Also ITB would be smart to keep that ad on the bus for more revenue :p

I'm pretty sure (going by who made the map) that Express Bus (Allen Martin Coaches) will be running the service.

Here is their site:
    http://expressbus.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭Block G Raptor

tansed wrote: »
    I know the bus is going from Coolmine,Blanch Shopping,NAC then the college
    does anyone know exactly where the stop is at the NAC. In the grounds, on the main road etc

thanks in advance
    Was talking to shay from estates about this today. The stop is actually not at the nac as such its actually across the road and thru a gap in the hedge so its basically in corduff

Advertisement