Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any shop open after 12 on the 19th-20th for gears 3 launch

• 25-08-2011 11:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

i want it as soon as possible wanna know if i can go to a gamestop after midnight to get it the night before

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Pre-order it from gamesnash.ie. Everytime i've done it, i've received the game in the post the day before official launch :D. i'd be doing so again were i still in the country (plus i have a voucher stored on my account)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Tesco are 24hr in some places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Depends on where you're based, I'm guessing. I saw a sign in the window of Game here in Galway claiming they'd have a midnight opening for Gears. Don't know if that will be any good for you though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Keep an eye on gamestop.ie if they do something like they did for Dues Ex people started getting them on the Tuesday before release. They also had a fire sale and sold copies for 26 euro i got one which arrived on Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Game in Limerick are also opening at 12:00. I would think gamestop are going to open as they won't want game getting one up on them on opening day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Kilkenny gamestop are having midnights for gears, GAy of duty gay returns part gay and for Battlefield 3 :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭denballs

yeh....erm...sorry i hav,nt been on boards lately...but my 2 pre ordered copies will be collecter some time around 19th-20th 11pm-1am in gamestop henry street ........and ill be at the very least top 10 GOW3 MLG Europe by 2am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,117 ✭✭✭Guffy

deathrider wrote: »
    Depends on where you're based, I'm guessing. I saw a sign in the window of Game here in Galway claiming they'd have a midnight opening for Gears. Don't know if that will be any good for you though.

have to laugh at everyone queuing outside game for new releases when tesco are 24hr:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Xtra vision are usually open till midnight also, thats where I got GOW 2 + they sell a good selection of munchies to get you through the night unlike gamestop ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Iroquois

You guys are lucky.

I won't be here when it comes out because I have to go on some bull**** team building exercises

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Waterford Gamestop are opening midnight or so they told me, would be a strange lie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

loads of gamestops opening globally at mightnight for it

to hell with those shenannigans

*puts feet up, plays gow3*
    actually doesnt, since he's got work to do :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Kilkenny gamestop are having midnights for gears, GAy of duty gay returns part gay and for Battlefield 3 :D

really for battlefield 3.

anyone know if either game or gamestop in limerick are doing a midnight opening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

dunworth1 wrote: »
    really for battlefield 3.

anyone know if either game or gamestop in limerick are doing a midnight opening
    yup and talks of for batman AC too.

My local gamestop is all staffed by avid gamers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Keep an eye on gamestop.ie if they do something like they did for Dues Ex people started getting them on the Tuesday before release. They also had a fire sale and sold copies for 26 euro i got one which arrived on Wednesday.

did this today, hoping for a monday delivery :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭PhilTorres

A few Tesco are 24hrs but what they did with Fifa 11 was charge a higher price between Midnight-8am and then dropped it back down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

i dont know why people would by from gamesnash, the game is 51.99,

i asume swift post costs 5.25 yea? so thats 57.24?

hmv will be 45.

is there anywhere online selling for cheap i can get on launch day?

i have no money on my laser and cant remember the pin to my credit card

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

Saw a post online saying game and 16 xtravision stores are doing midnight release, with giveaways throughout the evening, call your local branch to see if they are participating.

Advertisement