Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longterm car parking in Ennis?

• 25-08-2011 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

I have to change busses in Ennis station to get to college but I'm just after buying a car and I'm wondering if there's anywhere in the area to park the car from Sunday evening to Friday evening? It would be so much more convenient, ye all know how awkward the rural timetables are and I usually have to get there 50 minutes early to make sure I make the bus. It would be so handy to be able to drive half the way and get whichever hourly bus was next. Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Taylor21 wrote: »
    I have to change busses in Ennis station to get to college but I'm just after buying a car and I'm wondering if there's anywhere in the area to park the car from Sunday evening to Friday evening? It would be so much more convenient, ye all know how awkward the rural timetables are and I usually have to get there 50 minutes early to make sure I make the bus. It would be so handy to be able to drive half the way and get whichever hourly bus was next. Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks :)

I'm guessing you're coming from West Clare then? And that driving all the way to college isn't feasible?

Do you know anyone living in Ennis that may be willing to take your car on their driveway?

I don't see the point in driving into Ennis really, you're doing two trips in the car and abandoning it for the guts of a week. Paying for parking and petrol would be more expensive than buying the bus tickets I'd think..

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭TheRealSquishy

Yeah coming from the west and I only have the car a few weeks and I definitely wouldnt be confident enough to drive all the way yet. It would only be for a few weeks until I pluck up the courage to go all the way.

I know one person who would be willing to take it in but I don't want to ask and put them under pressure about it. It would just be so much more convenient for me to drive half way and not to be leaving at times that don't suit and not have to wait 50 minutes.

It was worth a try anyway :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Just park it in the industrial estate past the bus station. The place has a bajillion empty spaces and they'll assume you're working in one of the offices nobodys keeping track of cars there.

Just park it in the industrial estate past the bus station. The place has a bajillion empty spaces and they'll assume you're working in one of the offices nobodys keeping track of cars there.

Thanks, definitely worth trying! Wonder how safe it is at night though, I'd be so paranoid :o Might give it a shot when I get brave enough to drive to Ennis :P

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭firesidechat

I would NOT recomend you parking in the industrial estate.
    The Garda are finding it hard to stop the premises in there from been burgled on a regular basis and a car parked there for 5 days straight would be noticed by those that case the area on a regular basis.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Taylor21 wrote: »
    Thanks, definitely worth trying! Wonder how safe it is at night though, I'd be so paranoid :o Might give it a shot when I get brave enough to drive to Ennis :P

Have you passed your driving test yet?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

A friend of mines mother passed her driving test today, if she can, anyone can :D

Have you passed your driving test yet?

No, I'm on my 6th lesson and I want to take the rest in my car and then I'm gonna apply. I'm grand at driving like just nervous.

Thats why I don't want to drive all the way because of the motorway.

Advertisement