Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What am i entitled to?

Options
  • 25-08-2011 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

I bought my toshiba laptop 8 months ago and when turning it on the last morning i found that the screen was cracked internally and ink was going across the screen. I think something must have happened it while i was carrying it around in my laptop bag or maybe someone may have stood on it while i was out

I have a standard 1 year warranty with Harvey norman and was wondering what i am entitled to? Can i get a refund, repair or a replacement for free or is there a fee that i will have to pay? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

This sounds like accidental damage. Not really down to the retailer or manufacturer. It's the same situation as if you had dropped it. Screens generally don't crack through wear-and-tear.

In short, I'd say you're entitled to nothing, unless you have it insured. Perhaps you could take it in and they could give you a quote for repairs.

SSE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Animo wrote: »
    Can i get a refund, repair or a replacement for free or is there a fee that i will have to pay?

You will have to pay for it to be repaired. Damage is not covered by warranty or law.

Advertisement