Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox 250 gb slim trouble... rrod possibly on the way?

Options
  • 25-08-2011 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭

I got the new xbox slim 250 gb about 6 months ago was playing the campaign mode in black ops last night when all of a sudden the sound went and then about 5 minutes later the screen went black and white :confused: (no it wasn't my tv) the last time something like this happened to me was with my old xbox and ye you guessed it i got rrod forcing me to buy this new slim xbox thats suppose to be rrod free??

I noticed playing both fifa and black ops offline doing the career and campaign modes that both games were the best way i can describe it is glitching and actually feeling slightly laggy to play as if you were playing a bad online game, i do have a pretty bad internet connection at the moment where my speed and ping are dropping up and down all day but surely when playing offline when signed in on xbox live this shouldn't effect offline play?

I haven't got rrod yet but is what happened last night is a tell tale sign that its on the way??

iv looked after this xbox like a father would his son since i got it, i have it out in a very well ventilated area etc so it shouldn't be over heating...

anyone got similar experiences with this new xbox?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Sounds like an issue with the GFX card or HDMI port, Call Xbox support, Worst case scenario we repair your console.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

there have been quiet alot of reports of them failing actually
    IMO the most reliable 360 is the last run of the phat models ie. Jasper chipset

Can you actually do me a favour can you play it untill it dies completely and can you report back on here what it does
    for example the red dot error or e82 etc
    theres not alot of information on troubleshooting slims and it would be great to know for sure which faults are c/gpu related(your problem)

Microsoft will fix it your under your one year warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Sounds like an issue with the GFX card or HDMI port, Call Xbox support, Worst case scenario we repair your console.

it could be the hdmi port, sometimes the screen frame kind of jumps, im playing on a 1080p full hd tv and i know xbox supports this so maybe it is the GFX card because i doubt a dodgy hdmi cable/connection would effect the gameplay in terms of the lag like feel im getting? and finally does GFX stand for graphics?
    there have been quiet alot of reports of them failing actually
    IMO the most reliable 360 is the last run of the phat models ie. Jasper chipset

Can you actually do me a favour can you play it untill it dies completely and can you report back on here what it does
    for example the red dot error or e82 etc
    theres not alot of information on troubleshooting slims and it would be great to know for sure which faults are c/gpu related(your problem)

Microsoft will fix it your under your one year warranty

ye im going to sit down the weekend and play it, i broke the leg last week so iv nothing really else to do so its a good excuse to play it:D and il let you know here how i get on.

will microsoft still take my console even though i lost the receipt of when i bought it? surely there is some sort of serial code on the console to prove when it was bought...

cheers for the help lads appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

https://myservice.xbox.com/en-us/Pages/Welcome.aspx

Theres the link to register your xbox for repair.Since it's only 6 months old they should repair it for free. Serial number should be on the back.

Advertisement