Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enrolling- medical details?

Options
  • 26-08-2011 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hi, I'm enrolling for the first time and there's an optional section to give details so you can join the campus medical centre or something along those lines. Does anyone know if I can skip this section and come back to it later or does it have to be filled out as you're enrolling?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

njd2010 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm enrolling for the first time and there's an optional section to give details so you can join the campus medical centre or something along those lines. Does anyone know if I can skip this section and come back to it later or does it have to be filled out as you're enrolling?

You don't need it for enrollment, just fill it out at some stage and drop it into the marked Medical Centre Questionnaire box - your orientation guide will walk you by it during your tour of UL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Ivan Offlcockitch

What's the story with this medical centre? Is it worth joining and do we have to pay to join???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

What's the story with this medical centre? Is it worth joining and do we have to pay to join???

You don't have to pay, no. I believe you're automatically entitled to use it for free but obviously you're encouraged not to abuse it as with budget reductions they have to pull back on opening hours and services.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

I'm a bit confused though as to what services they offer, like if you're sick and need a prescription for anti biotics etc. can you go here?? Someone mentioned its not a proper GP but I don't really understand the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭joey12

augusta24 wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused though as to what services they offer, like if you're sick and need a prescription for anti biotics etc. can you go here?? Someone mentioned its not a proper GP but I don't really understand the difference

Its a normal GP with all the whistle and bells, they write prescriptions but ya gotta pay for the drugs at the chemist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

joey12 wrote: »
    augusta24 wrote: »

Its a normal GP with all the whistle and bells, they write prescriptions but ya gotta pay for the drugs at the chemist.

Ah that makes sense, dunno where I heard they weren't a gp! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

joey12 wrote: »

I don't think it is a normal GP- they only deal with acute problems (i.e suddenly getting sick etc). A normal would GP would deal with chronic problems (e.g back pain for years) The college doc won't deal with that.

Advertisement