Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2nd year biochem, anyone?

• 26-08-2011 12:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭

Anyone doing CPC? Cause I'm the only one that I know wanting it first choice..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭is maith liom chocolate

Yup I want to do it, I know another 4 people too who want to do it!!. I guess it's a good thing that there aren't many going for it though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Aoi

I hope there aren't lots of secret CPC wanna doers >.< I really want it!

I know yeah me too, but to be honest, I doubt I'll get it ... think I might do straight chemistry instead and pick all the same modules and hope that someone drops out, then I might be able to transfer in third year :) That's the plan anyway :)

We've a better chance cause we've passed all our exams so far. A lot of people failed at least 1 module.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

just a note for all you people thinking of doing CPC over chemistry straight.

My friend did chemistry straight, my boyfriend did cpc.

my friend did a project instead of work experience (i think he had to for his course) and when they graduated last year he couldn't get a job anywhere in the industry,

my boyfriend did work experience in third year and when he graduated last year walked into a job the week after finishing his exams, he's just 1 year out of college and has just been made permanent.

alot of the cpc class are now working in the industry where as the chemistry class members i knew are still doing post grads..etc

• Advertisement

Picked CPC over the others cause of the work experience, and anecdotes like that, friend's sister got a job straight out of college.

One of my friends registered for CPC yesterday, then regretted his decision and now wants to change.

All I can say is: I've wanted to do CPC since the UCC open day before I started so that's gotta count for something, it was either gonna be chemistry or maths for me, and CPC has the best job prospects as well as a placement to get experience.

Hopefully I'll be seeing you chocolate =]

sorry didn't look at this for a while Aoi ... I really doubt it now since I failed Physics so I pretty much have zero chance! :( and now I'm scared that I'll never get a job and end up poor if I do straight chem :( .... My only hope is that not too many people go for it .. but so far it's not looking good ... I'll prob be in all your lectures though ;)

Do all the CPC modules, be graaand >.< Sure you can try anyway cause an awful lot of people failed physics so you might luck out in that one. My friend Goodie picked CPC & regretted it so he's trying to change before they confirm everything >.<

if he can't I'll swap courses with him, lol :P Yera hopefully I'll be okay, sure I'll try anyway and see what happens ... Yeah a load of people did fail it, I was surprised to see all the people at the repeat exam!

He got everything sorted out, Helen in the office is very very nice... or so he's told me =L

• Advertisement

Awh that's good, I'd say twud be awful to be in a course that you hate!!

I should probably go have a word with this Helen!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 manup

just went for cpc there but genuinely am not sure. hope this goes well. i rang ucc and supposedly we have until the end of october to make changes if we want.

Okay went for CPC!! Do we get an e-mail to say we got it or what? the modules are in my blackboard thing alright so I'm kinda assuming I got it .....

Okay went for CPC!! Do we get an e-mail to say we got it or what? the modules are in my blackboard thing alright so I'm kinda assuming I got it .....

If the modules are on blackboard, you got it =D Woot!

Really?? waheyyy :D ... I'm so happy, scared about the amount of work, but nevertheless ecstatic!!!

Really?? waheyyy :D ... I'm so happy, scared about the amount of work, but nevertheless ecstatic!!!

i know, it's exciting and intimidating, I'm doing all my drinking all this week, and next week. xD

hah, oh christ, after that there'll be no time, hah ... prob just gonna go out Monday and Thursday!! Arthur's Day, woohoo :D

hah, oh christ, after that there'll be no time, hah ... prob just gonna go out Monday and Thursday!! Arthur's Day, woohoo :D

Woo! So, 17 people in the class? I think they were all scared away =p

Thank god they were or I wouldn't be there. I love our lil class, bit of a change from lyk 300 though, hah

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭uncle-mofo

Is anyone doing ecology? why are there no lectures on the time table?

• Advertisement

I'll ask a few of my friends and get back to you.

I'm a chemistry girl so I've a completely different timetable.

Thank god they were or I wouldn't be there. I love our lil class, bit of a change from lyk 300 though, hah

So much easier to organise class parties =p Gutted I can't make the one on thursday =[ literally made plans two seconds before I walked into the lab =|

Awh I know I can't go either :( I was roped into going on the E&S mystery tour. Better be good now cause I really wanted to go to the class party. Bet twill be a good laugh .... hopefully there'll be more soon :)

Of course, if there isn't anything between now and then, I'll try something for my birthday =p

ah yes, even though I have no idea who you are!! hah :P

Doesn't matter, class party is a class party. I'm Aoife =]

I'm Marion, I shall look for you in labs, hehe, since our lectures are massive again :(

Awh can't wait now!! Didn't go to any class parties last year. lol

I shall do the same for you =p

Not many people showed up to last year's class parties

prob because the class was so big!! It's really hard to get to know 300 people!! lol
    How are you finding the course so far??

• Advertisement

The phys chem lab reports are so hard =/ so far I've missed two lectures =| both cause of lack of sleep =| It's not too bad otherwise..

yeah those labs are awful! I actually can't do the reports :( Slaving over one as we speak!!! TORTURE!!!!!!

Yeah I've missed two too, one due to (don't laugh) the ploughing, :P and then slept through my alarm for the second one, ooops!! :P

I really like the actual course so far bar those god-awful labs!!

Slaving over the one for tomorrow =/ so many calculations I don't understand. The course is fine, the labs are nice but the lab reports are evil.. Skipped biochem today, after d block chemistry going over my head and feeling so so sick I decided to go home, strangely, last night was one of my first sober nights in a long time =/ I missed one lecture due to falling asleep after my alarm woke me =/

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

I'm in 3rd year Microbiology atm but have a good few friends in 3rd CPC.
    Lemme know if ye need a hand with anything and i can put ye in touch.

Aoife!! Remember this, haha, just read the whole thing, so funny!! CPC is awesome :D:D

Marion what have you been doing? :p haven't seen you in ages girl :p serious procrastination going on I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Final year Micro student here,can give insight to most Biological & Chemical Science options as i know someone in final year in all of them,just gimmie a shout here or PM me!

Aoi wrote: »
    Marion what have you been doing? :p haven't seen you in ages girl :p serious procrastination going on I'd say

teeheheee yes, lots of procrastination, haha

Advertisement