Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early Bird / Rest Deal recommendations??

Options
  • 26-08-2011 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

Apologies in advance is there is a thread already dealing with this, myself and 2 girlfriends (40th Birthday) are heading to Cork city for the weekend tomorrow, :D we're staying in town. Can anyone recommend a nice place to eat on a budget, and if you know of anything unmissable to do on Sat night (behave) plzzz let me know... Cheers!!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Munstermad wrote: »
    Apologies in advance is there is a thread already dealing with this, myself and 2 girlfriends (40th Birthday) are heading to Cork city for the weekend tomorrow, :D we're staying in town. Can anyone recommend a nice place to eat on a budget, and if you know of anything unmissable to do on Sat night (behave) plzzz let me know... Cheers!!! :)

if you like Thai you could check this place out, suppose to be nice.

Also, I know Soho do early bird deals, I'm not sure if it's just confined to mid-week of if they have one for weekends too.
    It was quite empty the last time I was in there so they should make an effort anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Strasbourg goose do a €20 3 course menu all the time. It's right in town and it's nice. You'd have to book. Most places would do early bird before 7ish as far as I know. Paces I like include: Jacobs on the Mall, The Cornstore, Fenns Quay isn't bad... I think they all do an early bird on Saturdays.

Bullys isn't bad either for a pretty cheap meal, or you could try Liberty Grill on Washington street. Both of those are pretty cheap all night. There are a good few Chinese/Indians/Thai too if that's your thing. Cork is pretty excellent for eating out really. There aren't many bad places at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

Good earlybird at Jacques, Phoenix street - down the side of counihans and cantys bar (Pembroke St)

Then into counihans upstairs and then across the road to Crane Lane which has music till 2 (and no cover charge)

A great evening and the three places are only 10 metres apart!

Advertisement