Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPhone & IPad Repair - Recommendations Needed

Options
  • 26-08-2011 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have an IPhone 3GS and IPad 2 both in need of screen repairs.

Can anyone recommend a good reliable competent repair service in Galway.

Thanks.;

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

www.galmac.ie
    www.ipod-rescue.com

If you describe the issues more/pics maybe someone can tell you how to fix it DIY.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

biko wrote: »
    www.galmac.ie
    www.ipod-rescue.com

If you describe the issues more/pics maybe someone can tell you how to fix it DIY.

The IPad 2 is suffering from a bad case of 3-Year old Boy :-) otherwise known as a shattered outer glass screen, the LCD is working fine. In fact the IPad is working Ok except for the inconvenience of glass shards in on corner of the screen which is a bit uncomfortable for a touch-screen:-( I have ben told the I need to replace both the glass digitizer and the LCD as they come as a pair, I this true or does it just make it easier to repair?

The IPhone I think suspect suffered from a bad case of 6-Year old Boy :-)has a defective / disconnected LCD that is partially functioning, no bleed, and the IPhone is still working if I use a friends as a guide I can still make a call.

From the net I believe that the IPad 2 is a nightmare to fix without the correct tools and patience as it is glued rather than clipped together. As an EE I have broken more stuff repairing it that I have rescued :-(, But I am willing to give it a go If I can get the parts at an Ok price.

I called to Galmac where they told me that if I got them to do the repair it would cost about €800, they might as well have told me to GFO, they then directed me to a phone shop to complete the repair www.Fonez.ie, but Fonez make no mention of repairs on their web site. (This surprised me as I have only heard good things about Galmac and indeed apple service)

www.ipod-rescue.com, do IPhone repairs but don't do IPad repairs, a statement from their web-site, "We will be offering iPad repair services just as soon as we can find suppliers of the various parts. Hopefully this will be in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

we can do the iphone screen for you €50
    www.ipod-rescue.com, do IPhone repairs but don't do IPad repairs, a statement from their web-site, "We will be offering iPad repair services just as soon as we can find suppliers of the various parts. Hopefully this will be in the near future.
    I don't think sourcing parts is the trouble, like you said you read above the ipad2 repair is a nightmare.

I know this crowd do the ipad2 repairs
    http://www.parts4ipods.com/epages/es115703.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es115703_shop/Products/IPD2REPSCR

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭mihau

Hi All,

I have an IPhone 3GS and IPad 2 both in need of screen repairs.

Can anyone recommend a good reliable competent repair service in Galway.

Thanks.;
    I do the 3gs for 40 euro and you also get a free screen cover
    I can do the Ipad 2 for 150.

If you want just the parts there are different prices.

• Advertisement

I used http://www.electronicpartner.ie/repairs for my repairs

Well the Iphone is now as good as new, my wife is delighted :)

They are having a bit of trouble with the IPad, the screen that they installed had a small dead zone, but they took it back and are in progress of replacing the screen again, their customer service has been excellent and I expect to get it back next week.

I'll post again on the quality of the IPad repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Well the Iphone is now as good as new, my wife is delighted :)

They are having a bit of trouble with the IPad, the screen that they installed had a small dead zone, but they took it back and are in progress of replacing the screen again, their customer service has been excellent and I expect to get it back next week.

I'll post again on the quality of the IPad repair.
    Dont forget to put the 2 boys up for sale on adverts; they'll probably cover repair costs. Initially, the wife will miss them.....and be sad. But these feelings of guilt will pass once IOS5 is released :D

Well the IPAd is now as perfect as the iPhone, my wife is twice as delighted

Although the first screen that the techs installed had an problem, they replaced it without any problem what-so-ever and were very apologetic about the delay.

Recommended, A great service, including text alerts when the items were repaired, a friendly patient bunch with a great attitude.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 OxiMoron

The problem is that there was not enough requests for repairs to warrant getting the stock in. One query a month isn't enough to justify stocking €1000's worth of ipad parts. Anyway, that was then, The iPad 1st gen will be catered for from Dec onwards, so that page will be updated.

2nd gen should be provided for in the new year.
    David , from the above website.

OxiMoron wrote: »
    The problem is that there was not enough requests for repairs to warrant getting the stock in. One query a month isn't enough to justify stocking €1000's worth of ipad parts. Anyway, that was then, The iPad 1st gen will be catered for from Dec onwards, so that page will be updated.

2nd gen should be provided for in the new year.
    David , from the above website.

Good to know, thanks for the update.

• Advertisement
Advertisement