Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathmines area

Options
  • 26-08-2011 1:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi all. I'm looking for advice. I'm looking to rent an apartment close to Grosvenor and I'm just wondering how safe is the area in Rathmines. I'm expecting to be working late hours and will be dependent on bus transport. Is it generally safe to walk late in the evening/night after getting the bus? I'd appreciate advice on this matter. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Sooopie

Rathmines is a perfectly safe area - not at all dangerous!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

I live in Rathmines and I’ve never had a problem. I’ve walked up and down the Rathmines Rd at all times of day/night and it’s always fine. Nothing to worry about. It’s a great spot.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Yeah Rathmines is fine, never had any bother there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Yeah Rathmines is a great place to live. Very safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,431 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Lower Rathmines Road occassionally gets messy with the after-club crowd, but thats abotu the worst of it. Some low level property crime.

• Advertisement
Advertisement