Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wait to you hear this!!

Options
  • 26-08-2011 2:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

The current time is 2am, and the doorbell just rang a min ago i actually shat myself with fear. :eek:

So i didn't know what to do, i looked out the upstairs window and there was a person standing out in my drive, while the other was at the door.

So i shouted at the window "hello what do you want" the man in my driveway replied -

"Were from airtricity and we like to offer you 20% savings by switching to us, were a great helpful company"

i replied in anger - "Do you know what time it is you twat, is this some sort of early morning scam, please go away or i will call the gardai"

They then walked away and knocked on my next door neighbour's house, i watched them until they cleared off our road.

I Couldn't believe it i was really tempted to call the gardai, but it was just a waste of time.

The number of door to door scammers is on the rise in a huge way, now there calling at fcking 2am! :mad:

If they call tomorrow night, i will call the gardai ASAP. :mad:

anyone have any similar experience's?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

As if they could make it any more obvious!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

I don't think they were scammers. It's pretty obvious they were knocking to check if someone was home and if they weren't at home... well then they were getting robbed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭bernyh

no way!! that is crazy.. did u phone the gardai anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭pawrick

ring the cops - they might break in to one of your neighbors homes and at least if the cops send a car around it might make them move off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Just rang the gardai and reported them, hope they atleast have a chat with them!

Cant believe they are checking people's houses at 2AM!!! ****ing cheeky if you ask me.

If i see them again, there gonna be trouble off me, i wont put up with their bullcrap tomorrrow evening. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Eh... it's pretty obvious that that is not Airtricity doing the rounds... glad you called the cops, hope they catch the eejits...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This isn't a Consumer Issue. But I'd like to move the thread to the correct regional forum, so people can be aware of this.

OP - what area are you in?

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

You might aswell close the thread, im sure the situation has been dealt with.

I Have told nearby neighbours, and emailed people.

Might email the local council

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

If in doubt ring the Gardai, they'll send a car around - even more so at 2am in the morning.....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'd prefer to move it, as I'm sure this will be an ongoing issue, and they'll move around the area.

• Advertisement
Advertisement