Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deleting Boards account

Options
  • 26-08-2011 4:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭

If I wanted to delete my account does that mean all the posts/threads I've ever made would be deleted too?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

No, the posts and threads stay too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 karenkearns007

I understand I can't change my username unless I subscribe but can I delete my account and then open a new account with a different username but with the same email address ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

No. If you set up another account, then you must use another e-mail address.

The way around this would be to set up a disposable e-mail address for this account, change this account to use that disposable e-mail address, and then have your new account use the e-mail address that you presently use.

Advertisement