Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teething at 9weeks..surely not?!

• 26-08-2011 4:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Just wondering when babies start teething? Somone said to me today that my little guy could be starting to teethe... And i was suprised as i didnt think they would start this early! He is only 9weeks old! If it is right and he is starting to teethe, i would love some advice on what to do to soothe the pain for him. Also how long does the whole teething process usually last? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭dax121

my cousion was born with one of her front teeth shown :eek:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Teeth start moving very early. They might not make an appearance for months though. Babies feel them even deep in the gums when they start moving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭SheFiend

Myself and my siblings were all born with teeth. I had two, my sister had four.
    Not uncommon.
    Sorry I can't advise on how to soothe teething.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

He could very well be starting to teethe. You can give calpol from 2 months, infant nurofen from 3 months and I think the teetha granules are from any age. There's a variety of soothing gels too with you can apply directly to the gums with your finger or you can pop it on to a soother if he has one. Teething rings are also great, get yourself a few and keep them in the fridge so you will always have a cold one to hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

Exactly. Our little girl (now 9 months) appeared to be teething at about 3 - 4 months in that she was very drooly and needed to chew something. It took until 8 months before the teeth actually started to be visible below the gums and another couple of weeks before they actually cut the gums.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Teeth start moving very early. They might not make an appearance for months though. Babies feel them even deep in the gums when they start moving.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

He could very well be starting to teethe. You can give calpol from 2 months, infant nurofen from 3 months and I think the teetha granules are from any age. There's a variety of soothing gels too with you can apply directly to the gums with your finger or you can pop it on to a soother if he has one. Teething rings are also great, get yourself a few and keep them in the fridge so you will always have a cold one to hand.

I was advised by the pharmacist to stay away from the teetha until 12 weeks at least, I can't remember exactly why though, I think he said something about gluten.... but I could be talking nonsense... it is good to keep in mind though that it contains Lactose, so if your baby is Lactose intollerant it cannot be used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Great, i have a teething ring but will invest in a few more. And get a couple of the things mentioned in at home. Poop little thing, this is going to break my heart lookig ar him in pain:(

Advertisement