Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with cable management.

Options
  • 26-08-2011 7:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭

6082127040_b1116f1800_b.jpg

I have 1 DVD drive and 4 HDD, whats the best way to tidy, wire it all up first then just use cable ties?

mess

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Holy :eek:

Here's a decent guide you can go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

It looks like someone puked out a load of cables into your case!

When it looks like that your task can seem a bit daunting. Best thing to do is disconnect everything and start again.

There doesnt seem to be much room for hiding your cables in that case. And yes cable ties are your friend :). If you could run a line of cables down between the MB and hard drive cage, securing with cable ties and you might be able to hide excess cables in the area over your DVD drive (i think i see space up there!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Don't forget to fill in those holes at the back with blank brackets. Leaving them empty can interfere with airflow.

Most of those cables look like they're not in use. IMO, tie them up with cable ties to that rung from the PSU to the HDD.

Advertisement